Can I get max for a penny?

robk299

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
Cahokia, IL
I have the three free months, hd only package, and want to know if I'm eligible to get the cinemax for a penny deal? Thanks for any replies.

This is truely one of the best deals out there. Anyone that doesn't take advantage of it is CRAZY! I called my dad about it and he thought I was full of it, but after calling to add he was very thankful.

They wouldn't give me the penny deal for Cinemax . They said because you can't be subscribed to Cinemax within the last 6 months. Anyone else get that info?
Yes, I have AEP up till February, and failed first 3 attempts (one of them even being an email to ceo email address). Week of Tech Chat I called and said Dan and Mark said to call to get it on the chat, and csr gave it to me with no issue. Seems to be hit/miss with CSRs, but i think they may have loosened up criteria.

I had the same problem. I actually went through 8 different customer reps and got the same answer-no. But I had to have an extra dish mounted to get my locals in Hi- Def. When the service man arived as he was mounting the dish, I told him about the problem I had with the 1 cent deal. He said when he closes out the work order for the dish he will have it turned on for 1 cent. I don't know how he did it but it worked ! Also I was not charged a fee for the extra dish. Guess it was my lucky day .

Three quick questions from someone who is "crazy" b/c I haven't done it yet:

1. Does the Cinemax-for-a-penny deal include all 6 of these channels?
DISH Network -- Cinemax
2. Is there somewhere online that details the promotion? When I tried to add it to my account it says $12.99/mo.
3. What if I'm already on paperless billing and credit card autopay? Can I still get it?

Yes, I have AEP up till February, and failed first 3 attempts (one of them even being an email to ceo email address). Week of Tech Chat I called and said Dan and Mark said to call to get it on the chat, and csr gave it to me with no issue. Seems to be hit/miss with CSRs, but i think they may have loosened up criteria.
So, if you have AEP, I would have thought you couldn't do this deal. How would they work that, just give you a credit each month for the Cinemax portion of the bill ($9.99 or so)?

Three quick questions from someone who is "crazy" b/c I haven't done it yet:

1. Does the Cinemax-for-a-penny deal include all 6 of these channels?
DISH Network -- Cinemax
2. Is there somewhere online that details the promotion? When I tried to add it to my account it says $12.99/mo.
3. What if I'm already on paperless billing and credit card autopay? Can I still get it?

1. It includes them all.

2. I haven't seen it online at all (except on this forum and a couple of other forums). I looked on DN's site and didn't see it.

3. I was already doing both, did an online chat with a CSR and it was done and activated in 3 mins.

So, if you have AEP, I would have thought you couldn't do this deal. How would they work that, just give you a credit each month for the Cinemax portion of the bill ($9.99 or so)?
My post should have read that "I HAD (not have) AEP till February" when I dropped to HD Only. I called and emailed a few times and they wouldnt budge. I called two weeks ago to complain about removal of Voom, and they just gave 1c deal to me. Rule was supposed to be that you couldnt have had Max within past 6 month, but they've apparently relaxed that rule. And no, I doubt they'll give it to you if you currently have AEP.

When I aked about this deal a couple of months ago I was in a 3 mo promo period with MAX/HBO. The rep told me the penny MAX deal cannot be bundled with HBO, I am wondering if anyone has it with HBO? I contacted a chat rep at the end of my promo period to see if I could get this deal and it was a no go because I just had it. I just dropped HBO and then called in again about the penny MAX deal and the rep gave it to me with no problem at all and my 3 mo. promo just ended at the end of April.

The rep told me as long as I had the auto pay and paperless it was a penny a year. Does this ever expire? I heard it was until 2010. Anyone know the truth?

Wow. Thanks again SatGuys! Just took 3 minutes in an online chat and now have the pkg for 1 penny per year. Only caveat is that I gotta call and renew in a year and I can live with that.

Phil