Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftamart

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Manitoba, Canada
Hi guys,
I noticed ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX are free on Echostar 7 freq. 12253. If I had a linear/circular LNB, could I get these channel here in Canada, or are they spotbeamed?
I really would like to watch the new Knight Rider. Can I get NBC somewhere else?
Also, can a StarChoice receiver be used for DC2 on Ku?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I noticed ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX are free on Echostar 7 freq. 12253. If I had a linear/circular LNB, could I get these channel here in Canada, or are they spotbeamed?
I really would like to watch the new Knight Rider. Can I get NBC somewhere else?
Also, can a StarChoice receiver be used for DC2 on Ku?

Thanks in advance,

You would need to be in South Florida (They are spot beamed) to pick up the channels on Echostar 7.

Most Starchoice boxes are defaulted to SC so you cant override that. The older boxes may be able to have that overriden

Maybe if it a 921? They are really old boxes from when *choice first started. They could subscribe to analogue (vcII+) C-band and *choice. They would not work to subscribe to DCII except for *choice. I think they were a 920 rebranded for *choice only, but I have never had one and I don't think they will get any free DCII channels without changing the maps.:(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)