Can I get other locals that do feature HD? like the ABCe or NBCe ect..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wilson2k3

Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
i live in mid-michigan and none of my locals feature anything in HD, but under HD channels it has the i guess national locals or w/e listed ABCe (ABC east) ABCw (ABC west) and so on..

so can i get those channels via calling up to order them or not. and also is there anyway of getting the CW, its not listed as one of my locals.

The CW is available to may places so you may be able to just call up and ask for it. Your networks are a little "fuzzy" as to the rules they go by. I have all the networks in SD, but only ABC, CBS, and NBC are available in HD. They wouldn't just give me a HD FOX since I had it in SD. I had to apply for a waiver through DirecTV from my local FOX station. If granted I would be able to get FOX in HD. I had to apply twice before I got it.

Since you are in the Eastern Time Zone you are automatically not eligible for the West Coast feeds of these networks in HD. Your ability to receive the networks in HD will depend upon how difficult your local stations choose to be.

i live in mid-michigan and none of my locals feature anything in HD, but under HD channels it has the i guess national locals or w/e listed ABCe (ABC east) ABCw (ABC west) and so on..

so can i get those channels via calling up to order them or not. and also is there anyway of getting the CW, its not listed as one of my locals.

Wilson,
Where exactly do you live. Almost all Mid-Michigan affiliates broadcast in HD (except CW and MY). They aren't carried by satellite yet, but can be received OTA.

Last edited:
If locals are offered to you at all via D* i would guess no. If they arent, generally D* is pretty lenient on letting you get the east or west coast HD feed. I just told them i live very far away from the stations(not untrue) and they turned them on. No waiver, nothing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts