Can I get rid of all the kids channels..

IF I could remove ALL sports channels to save money I would do it , but that would call for ala-carte packs or just pick the channels you want, and we know that isn't going to happen any time soon.
dish Likes to remove ALL RSN's (In NY) but somehow I haven't saved any money ;)

One should get a discount if their local sports provider is not available on Dish, especially if they were a subscriber when the cancellation occurred.

And as another noted, this isn't about variety / children / sports programming. It's Viacom / Turner / Disney / Comcast / Fox slates of channels which encompass many categories, so that a dispute with ESPN could mean no ABC Disney or a dispute with FX means no Fox Sports (insert your area here). Despite the large number of channels, the number of channel providers is still rather finite and small.

Honestly, they probably could lose a number of channels all together, as some overlap each other or share each others programming, like History showing The Universe. ??? What's funny is that a company can get paid for me subscribing to a channel I don't watch. That just seems like a really good deal for them.

One should get a discount if their local sports provider is not available on Dish, especially if they were a subscriber when the cancellation occurred.
Didn't read your contract, eh ? :D When Dish adds one or two or three channels, they should increase the price too, by your logic...

Touche. However, I don't think the addition of any old channel is equivalent to losing a local regional sports channel, as the local RSN is typically included in the Top 120+ and above packages. To lose an RSN is to lose pretty much any chance of watching any game on the RSN, unless it has a local telecast on an OTA channel (you aren't allowed to even watch the telecast on a national broadcast if it is on the RSN too). Of course, I don't think the discount would be large, probably a dollar, but still, it is more the principal. Losing an RSN is a big deal to a local sports fan, and I believe since Fox Sports took over most of the RSN's, it became more of a standard low package channel.

Dish removed Disney HD and ABC Family from my package and I have not seen my bill go down, but I am sure they saved some money. In all of these negotiations, Dish pulls channels and then settles with the package provider also saving money. Have any of you saved any money. Where does all of this money go?

Didn't Disney pull the HD and isn't the squabble over whether Dish should pay twice for SD and HD content?

Yes, they Did! How fast the "peanut gallery" forgets...or ever listened to facts. They just rather bash and re-run.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)