Can I get VOOM? - NORTH facing apartment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dnaren

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
I live in a apartment complex (ground floor). The patio has open space facing NORTH direction.

I don't have any previous experience with satellite TV receivers. I more worried about OTA HD signals from the local stations. I hate my cable company. They increased my cable bill 4 times in a row in 4 months.

TIA

It depends exactly where you live and how much inclination you have to work with, i do North facing apts all the time locally, but we have almost 40 degrees to work with. ;) Ground floors are usually stuck with a pole mt on either corner of the building. If your complex has lots of kids, i would forget about that, more agrevation than its worth.

The NORTH facing opening is NOT exactly in the corner of the building but the pole mount can extend a bit outwards.

NC kids are well-behaved and I don't need to worry about them :)

SEARS and a couple of local/independent satellite installers offer VOOM service here in Charlotte, NC. I don't know who to go with.

I would recommend taking a walk around the complex find some other dish owners there and see who did theirs and how happy they are, I always recommend the local guys due to the fact the bigger ones are just farming out the work anyways. Your locals name is involved with the install and will most times take pride in his work, ( if he wants to get more ;) )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)