Can I use the Voom dish to get dishnetwork?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kspeters

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 15, 2005
Would this work to just hook one side of the aspen lnb to a dp34 switch to get dishnetwork channels off the same satellite? Are the two compatible? Would there be any negative issues about doing this? Thanks

kspeters said:
Would this work to just hook one side of the aspen lnb to a dp34 switch to get dishnetwork channels off the same satellite? Are the two compatible? Would there be any negative issues about doing this? Thanks

you can't if you need the dish 500 for you local station.

Ive always heard that sometimes people need 2 dishes for DISH??
TYORK how many would I need in Newport News VA to get all of the Dish HD and SD and what kind?

It will NOT work. The Voom dish has a legacy type LNB which is not compatable with a DishPro switch.

vurbano said:
TYORK how many would I need in Newport News VA to get all of the Dish HD and SD and what kind?

vubano this will not work for you hd channels you need the dish 500 to get these

n0qcu said:
It will NOT work. The Voom dish has a legacy type LNB which is not compatable with a DishPro switch.

Oh crap!!! That's what i was thinking. No way around this huh? I have a dptwin on my dish 500. I didn't want to set up anotherd dish if I didn't have to. I have some locals over there.

It will work for Dish 300.
I am using Dish Network 300 dish for Voom.
It is 18" dish which is used by Dish Metwork to provide some locals, international and religious chanells.

Minsk1 said:
It is 18" dish which is used by Dish Metwork to provide some locals, international and religious chanells.
Are you using it to pick up both dish AND Voom? Or are you just using the dish 300 setup to get Voom alone? I think the pointhere is that if the dish 300 is using legacy lnb it won't work with the dp34 switch I have.

Minsk1 said:

yes this will work for voom but can not do this for what they are wanting to do they need a dish 500

vurbano said:

vurbano,
after think about this beings that you are in VA you may even need the super dish to get everything , i am thinking that my aunt in VA has the superdish to get locals and everything else. but of course i could be wrong but don't think so.

Hi there,
I have VOOM install next Saturday and I am keeping Dish Network for awhile for the DVR. Besides the Dish 500 dish on my roof, I have an extra unused Dish 500 dish in the garage.
I've requested a 24" Voom dish (as it seems that other Phoenix AZ VOOMers think it gives them better reception... any comments on that?), but from what I hear the installer may or may not show up with one.
So, could the extra Dish 500 dish be used to receive VOOM?
I know the LNB won't work, but could the VOOM LNB be used on the 500 dish???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)