How long will VOOM continue to use Installs, Inc?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lobstah

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 6, 2004
VOOM has been creamed by the lack of service caused by the contracting and then subcontracting of their installation business for so long it's impossible to imagine.

Last week, I had my second nocall/noshow from the same installer. Called VOOM. CSR said she'd call me back in 2hrs, which she did. She informed me that she had spoken to the installers, and they would call me the next day to confirm the next appointment. That was last Thursday.

No call from anyone on Friday.

The same local company has provided a similar level of service to a friend in the next town, so it's not just me. And we don't live 75 miles from the nearest gas station here. There are several major metropolitan areas within 20 miles of my house, and I'll bet there are 2 dozen satellite installation contractors readily available.

So where is the quality control? Why does VOOM let companies like this continue to treat VOOM's customers this way?

And all of this for an antenna upgrade. I'm about 10 seconds away from cancelling the upgrade and buying the antenna myself, because it's cheaper and much less frustrating than dealing repeatedly with the same incompetence.

Good ol' Einstein: "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over, and expecting different results each time."

Lob

send me you and your freiend info and i will pass it on to the right people and see why they keep not showing up to you install date, need name phone and where you are located.

tyork
tyork37@msn.com

Tyork,
Thanks for your efforts here. I sent you my info last week, and will do so again, which I think only goes to show that this particular installer just doesn't care, period.
My next call to VOOM will be to request a different installer, IF I even bother calling...as it will end up wasting another 4-8hrs of MY time.

Lob

yes please send it to me again cause i know for a fact that these guys was contact by the regional manager and they accure him that would take care of you so please do send me you info again cause he sure will not like it that they have lied to him.

tyork

When I spoke to the VOOM CSR, they said that the installer had CLOSED the work order as COMPLETE.

Lob

did they say what they have done there . Can you get me a workorder number so i can check on this

I'll try to get that the next time I call VOOM.
The CSR originally said there was no workorder in the system...when she called back, she said she had found it and it had been closed out as "completed".

Anyway...I'll be in touch.

Lob

I think that Installs, Inc. and their network of contracted installers is a huge hindrance to Voom. I'm waiting to see if my scheduled install happens tomorrow after 2 missed installs and alot of unfulfilled promises by Voom and Installs.

Lobstah said:
When I spoke to the VOOM CSR, they said that the installer had CLOSED the work order as COMPLETE.

Lob

i sent a email to the regional manager again to let him know that they didn't show up again and they closed out your work order.

t

Lobstah said:
Thanks, t.

We'll see what happens.

Lob

Just received a email from the Regional Manger and he said he will see what is going on with you upgrade first thing in the morning.

t

Lobstah,

I'm not sure that getting rid of Installs Inc. will solve the problem. AFAIK Installs Inc. just sub-contracts to a local contractor. Granted they could do a better job of finding reliable contractors, but even if Voom didn't use Installs Inc they would still have to use local contractors. Unfortunately, it seems to me that there are just a lot of clueless, incompetant or lazy installers out there. The most important thing that everyone here needs to know is: Do not sign anything unless the work is to your satisfaction, that way the contractor will not be paid for doing nothing. Then immediatly report the occurance to voOm so they can get on to Installs Inc. about it. I think the biggest single problem is that too many contractors are getting away with doing a half-assed job and still getting paid for it.

"I think the biggest single problem is that too many contractors are getting away with doing a half-assed job and still getting paid for it."

This is exactly the point. It's like a freakin' state contract, or a miniature version of the Big Dig. As long as there's no feedback/repurcussions built into the system, they'll continue to do this.

That's why I've posted before that VOOM needs to go to the self-install model. That way, if I want to hire a contractor to do the install, he/she is working for ME. They get PAID by ME.

Lob

Lobstah said:
Thanks, t.

We'll see what happens.

Lob

Lob,
Just check my email the Regional Manger email me back and stated that you should be receiveing a phone call today from someone on your problem he was no very happy when he found that they had closed you work order and had not been to your house so let me know if they don't call you today

tyork

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts