Still getting voom installs

Indy said:
All of us who know you, respect you and admire your work ethic and devotion to your technical craft realize it is not you he admonishes. And incidentally, you got where you are today by pleasing morons like the one who made the disparaging remarks! :)
Yeah, what he said!

Indy said:
T, The guy is a F-ing moron hardly worth the lead to blow away. He is taking his aggressions out on the installers and anyone within ear shot because he looked in the mirror this morning and hated what he saw. We all have pity on the poor soul. All of us who know you, respect you and admire your work ethic and devotion to your technical craft realize it is not you he admonishes. And incidentally, you got where you are today by pleasing morons like the one who made the disparaging remarks! :)

Thanks Indy But some of these guys just make me so mad. We go out of are way to make the customer happy and (I mean go way beyond the call to duty for guys like him) and then they get on here and act like we are a bunch of dumb A**es .

tihs said:
Is voom still taking orders ? and are they still sending installers out to install?
tihs

Yes they still are taking order and yes they are still sending us out to install them i 3 new ones today.

Hello all. This is my first post though I have been visiting for about a month. My Voom was installed on 1/12/05 and the first week was awesome. I have been a D* since the onset and the PQ on Voom is way better.

Anyway I noticed interest concerning installs that have a "larger" dish. The dish that was installed for me is clearly larger than my D* dish by about a factor of 2. I haven't measured it but it looks to be about 24" wide and about 32" inches high.

MichaelG said:
Hello all. This is my first post though I have been visiting for about a month. My Voom was installed on 1/12/05 and the first week was awesome. I have been a D* since the onset and the PQ on Voom is way better.

Anyway I noticed interest concerning installs that have a "larger" dish. The dish that was installed for me is clearly larger than my D* dish by about a factor of 2. I haven't measured it but it looks to be about 24" wide and about 32" inches high.

Welcome to the forum as a poster. Where are you located and did the installer say anything about the larger dish when he installed it? I just noticed you are in Huston, nevr mind that question.

Michael G.--

Welcome! Yours is the first report of what appears to be a true elliptical dish being installed. Darn, a few weeks ago that might actually have meant something!

Always hoping...

who_the said:
Michael G.--

Welcome! Yours is the first report of what appears to be a true elliptical dish being installed. Darn, a few weeks ago that might actually have meant something!

Always hoping...

However, eliptical in the wrong direction. We are looking for a wider than it is tall dish. What he got is a larger normal dish. I have several myself and use one for Voom. Just an 18" dish on steroids.

Just a Bigger Dish

Indy said:
However, eliptical in the wrong direction. We are looking for a wider than it is tall dish. What he got is a larger normal dish. I have several myself and use one for Voom. Just an 18" dish on steroids.

That is correct. The new dish looks proportionally like an 18" dish just bigger. It has a VoOm logo stenciled on the dish. The installer said it would do better than a smaller dish when it rained (and boy does it rain here).

He never could get the Winegard Senar antenna to work so after he left I hooked it up to my SquareShooter and nailed all of the local digital channels.

FrankJo said:
most installers don't know that the company has been sold. you have to be able to read.
I have installed all types of dishes for every company out there BUT VOOM and I CAN READ. I would install for VOOM but I think that it is a little too late now!!!!
The Distributor I get some supplies from has been trying to get me to become a VOOM Dealer for a while but I resisted. I might be glad I did. I became a dealer for another DBS company several years ago that failed and I got quite a bit of egg on my face from that fiasco. I ended up buying my customers DTV systems to keep the peace.

BryanSR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)