Still getting voom install as late as 2/4/05

TYORK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 6, 2004
indy
voom is still taking order got order today for as late a 2/4/05 so look like it will stay at least till the end of Feburary.

TYORK said:
voom is still taking order got order today for as late a 2/4/05 so look like it will stay at least till the end of Feburary.

T, This is indeed good news. Please let us know IMMEDIATELY if Voom gives a larger dish and instructs you to aim at the AMC 6 satellite. Or if Voom tells you not to do a install or their check bounces! :)

I would be interested if someone called to cancel because of what has happened and what the CSR's would tell them or if they were transferred to someone else that tried to talk them into staying. :cool:

Voom really cant say anything yet...its not offical. It a pending sale.

got more voom order today to be installed as late as the 2/10/05

My intsall is for Tues 1.25.05, I called them tonight to ask about the sale and even talked to a supervisor who said all the stories are bogus, there is no such sale going on and that they are adding the DVR soon and the new programming. I have read the stories on CNN and MSNBC so I don't know how these people could know nothing about it? I even told them that I was only calling to ask that if they go dark what will happen to my six month agreement. Who knows maybe it'll work out, I will just leave my Directv dish up and my box connected even though I cancel service. Directv told me if I disconnect all I have to do is call and they will reactivate me within minutes, so I guess I can only lose a buck here. I am mainly changing to the service for The Tennis Channel. Are the Voom exclusive channels pretty good?

Scott
Lafayette, Louisiana

ScottDurand said:
My intsall is for Tues 1.25.05, I called them tonight to ask about the sale and even talked to a supervisor who said all the stories are bogus, there is no such sale going on and that they are adding the DVR soon and the new programming. I have read the stories on CNN and MSNBC so I don't know how these people could know nothing about it? I even told them that I was only calling to ask that if they go dark what will happen to my six month agreement. Who knows maybe it'll work out, I will just leave my Directv dish up and my box connected even though I cancel service. Directv told me if I disconnect all I have to do is call and they will reactivate me within minutes, so I guess I can only lose a buck here. I am mainly changing to the service for The Tennis Channel. Are the Voom exclusive channels pretty good?

Scott
Lafayette, Louisiana

they only sold the satellite rainbow1 not voom it self i am sure that is what they are talking about .

That is great news then I guess? I of course understood when I called that they ONLY sold Rainbow1, but won't not having Rainbow1 be just a bit of a problem? I mean all I have been reading in these forums is how they will end up going dark....how do you guys know all this but the people at Voom act like I am calling from another planet. I actually quoted the article to them and they said it's all bogus they had memos coming out saying that they are not selling Rainbow1 and that all of this stuff is simply rumors, so I guess everyone in these forums are wasting lots of thoughts on this matter...just wondering.

Scott

T, what is the install workload looking like for the next couple of weeks? Any slowdown or de-installs? What's up or what's down?

I just got my voom installed 1/29/05 and so far so good but im now spoiled with the clarity.I hate sd channels now its so fuzzy and crappy looking.I do have a question.The dvi cable that came with the voom reciever of course will not fit ion my hdmi slot in back of sony lcd project.Its now hooked up thorugh component cords which the retarded installer said would be no diffgerence is this true or should i seek out a adapter that will go from dvi-hdmi ?whats is my best option... thanks

Indy said:
T, what is the install workload looking like for the next couple of weeks? Any slowdown or de-installs? What's up or what's down?

I am book for the next 2 week but the good news is no deinstalls at all getting voom equipment daily i have so much voom equipment more then i have every had. I think the order have pick up more since the news than slowed down.

t

TYORK said:
I am book for the next 2 week but the good news is no deinstalls at all getting voom equipment daily i have so much voom equipment more then i have every had. I think the order have pick up more since the news than slowed down.

The timing of this whole thing is horrible. Of course V*'s business was bound to pick up after Christmas when a lot of people upgraded to HD, not to mention the upcoming Superbowl.

From CEA's website (Consumer Electronics Association):

"As Americans prepare for the nation's unofficial holiday -- Super Bowl XXXIX - consumer electronics retailers are ringing up huge sales of digital television (DTV) products. According to figures released today by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), December 2004 factory-to-dealer sales of DTV products hit 927,000 units, marking a 45 percent increase over December 2003. Total DTV sales for 2004 reached 7.2 million units, an increase of 75 percent compared to year-end 2003.

With November 2004 holiday sales of 844,000 units, the 10 percent increase in December sales demonstrates that retailers know that an upgrade to a high-definition television (HDTV) is a priority to consumers before this year's Super Bowl," said CEA Director of Market Research Sean Wargo

Since the first products hit the market in late 1998, 16.1 million DTVs have shipped bringing more than $25 billion in factory revenues. One of the biggest drivers of DTV is flat panel displays, which accounted for 38 percent of the year-end DT"V unit totals and reached 2.7 million units shipped in 2004.
"

http://www.ce.org/press_room/press_release_detail.asp?id=10681

Before I bought my new HDTV last fall, it took me about 2 minutes to figure out which satellite provider I was going to choose. I bought the set for HD programming so to me it was "duh!..." a no-brainer.

I have no idea what percentage of V*'s subscribers know this board exists, keep up with the day to day events that have ocurred over the last few weeks like we do, or have even the slightest idea of what might occur soon but I would imagine it is miniscule.

Way to go Board of Directors! Brilliant! Bravo! :clap Excellent timing!!

Indy said:
T,...Positive signs indeed!
Coupled with the mystery of the suddenly appearing infomercials mentioned elsewhere in these threads, I'm thinking you may be right! :D ...Well, at least hoping! Seems to me it would be cheaper and leave less room for any type of liability if those infomercials would be cancelled (even if paid in full, in advance) IF it was truly the end of the line for VOOM.

Has anyone seen Paul Harvey yet? I just know he's gotta be around here somewhere!! :bounce Come out, come out, wherever you are Paul...we need the rest of the story...and it better be GOOD!! :yes Vicki

bigmarkhd said:
I just got my voom installed 1/29/05 and so far so good but im now spoiled with the clarity.I hate sd channels now its so fuzzy and crappy looking.I do have a question.The dvi cable that came with the voom reciever of course will not fit ion my hdmi slot in back of sony lcd project.Its now hooked up thorugh component cords which the retarded installer said would be no diffgerence is this true or should i seek out a adapter that will go from dvi-hdmi ?whats is my best option... thanks

You will need a DVI to HDMI cable (about $100.00 from BB, CC or Ratshack). Keep in mind that the DVI does not carry any audio signal (only Video) Therefore you will need to run a digital coaxial or toslink cable from voom stb to your home theater receiver for DD 5.1.

bigmarkhd said:
If you want to know the truth about DVI versus Component... check out this web site read very carefully www.1394ta.org/press/2002press/august/8.b.htm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)