New Voom Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goingup

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
New Voom Install Tips Needed

What tips can you fellow forum users suggest to help my Voom install go smooth and right the first time?

I live in Howell, NJ so I can't get locals without a huge ant. installed and the wifey won't let me so I'm keeping cablevision hd for that purpose.

I worried about shoddy installers and not having the right size dish. Also I hear that things are changing (like dvr and locals, new satelites coming from other sources) down the road for Voom and would like to know what options or equipment is best to get the installer to use?

What signal numbers should I watch for? Things like this I would like some help with.

Thanks for everyones help.

My install came and went great. Nothing but smooth sailing. But I have to say the installer went ballistic twice. When I asked him, he just said he hated Voom installs. He elaborated that its always a PITA to setup a new account with Voom. That they always do something to hold them up at activation. He did a very nice job otherwise. He said he hoped I would be injoying Voom for awhile, and giggled. I guess he feels Voom's days are numbered. After having Voom in my house now... I can only say if Voom did fold up, what a shame. This is by far the best tv service money can buy, even if its a dollar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)