Already get locals before Voom install

softwiz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 30, 2005
I have a huge powered antenna in my attic. I hooked up my new 65" wide screen Mitsubishi and boom I get every digital channel in my area.

I also already use DirecTV and have 2 RG-6 lines ran from my dish into the house exactly where the Voom receiver will replace my DirecTV receiver.

The question is, when the Voom installer comes and I tell him I don't need the Voom OTA antenna is he going to be cool with that?

Is he going to be cool with using the two RG-6 lines that already go to and from exactly where they need to go???

This should be one of the easiest installs the guy has ever done so I hope this will all be cool with him/her.

softwiz said:
The question is, when the Voom installer comes and I tell him I don't need the Voom OTA antenna is he going to be cool with that?

Is he going to be cool with using the two RG-6 lines that already go to and from exactly where they need to go???
Yes & Yes. The installer will be "cool" with anything that simplifies the work that he should do.

softwiz said:
I have a huge powered antenna in my attic. I hooked up my new 65" wide screen Mitsubishi and boom I get every digital channel in my area.

I also already use DirecTV and have 2 RG-6 lines ran from my dish into the house exactly where the Voom receiver will replace my DirecTV receiver.

This should be one of the easiest installs the guy has ever done so I hope this will all be cool with him/her.

Same boat with regard to antenna. I was already set and we just used my existing setup (188" CM Quantum 1160A on a rotator). The OTA part of a Voom install is the hardest part as long as you have decent LOS to the satellite. My installer almost visibly gave a sigh of relief when he saw my OTA system.

I think with what you have in place you'll beat me out as having the previously easiest install. My guy had to mount the dish and provide a separate coax run for the sat (he wanted to use my OTA RG6QS and a dliplexer, but I politely declined), but I ran the coax for him since I already knew where everything needed to go under the house.

Personally I didn't ask for the antenna they would have used since it would have been no use to me given where I live. The way I look at it, the more money I can help save Voom the better as they get settled into their new business model.

Enjoy your Voom!

Doug

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)