Can I have cable tv and dish on one cable line with vip 222?`

Holysmoke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
I have always used diplexers to combine my comcast cable and dish to my HDTV. I recently upgraded to HD with the vip 222 which controls one HDTV and one SDTV in another room. there is no way to run another cable so I am stuck with one.

I am assuming I am out of luck since the vip 222 uses diplexers already but maybe you guys know a way.

since I "moved", I would like to receive the locals from comcast in HD and the locals from dish I "moved" to especially since they are in SD.

thanks

Last edited:
up in the attic, I have a diplexer going to the vip 222 in the satellite port and to the sdtv in the uhf/tv port. at the back of the vip 222 is a tri plexer.

can you explain what I do to make this work after the receiver?

thanks

you would combine AFTER the dish receiver so the diplexers should not be in the equation.

does "after" mean combining the signal for tv 2? or is there a way to combine for the HDTV?

dish tech support suggested I can only do it for tv2 after the diplexer in the attic.

Last edited:
It will not work, you can not run cable and sat feed thru the same cable, at least where I live. Why can't you get second line there? Finish Basement?

The problem with combining cable with Dish TV2 output is that cable uses all the channels and your TV2 output would comflict with a channel already in use.

The problem with combining cable with Dish TV2 output is that cable uses all the channels and your TV2 output would comflict with a channel already in use.

Yep..he'd have a terrible time with cable signal ingress.
Perhaps he could try using a high moduated channel. Such as one above ch116 which is the same frequency as analog 60. I think..

Not only that, but sometimes if cable has a blank channel or two, they will push a dummy signal into it, so on cable there may be no channels available at all to insert your 222 output.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)