Can I have control tuner 1 with uhf while......

DefDude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
N.W. Florida
I have looked thru alot of info and have not been able to find this exact situation. I have 1 722 set up to three rooms, I want to be able to control 2 of them off tuner 1,one is setup with componet and then I have run a long hdmi out to tv 2, so I need to be able to have a remote that will work as a uhf on tuner 1 while tuner 2 goes to the third tv and is controled by remote 2 uhf . So basicaly I want to control 2 HD tv's off tuner 1 that are about 100ft away from each other while still being able to still have tuner 2 control a third tv. I know the hd tv's will have the same channel and that's ok. Anybody know if this is possible ?

I have looked thru alot of info and have not been able to find this exact situation. I have 1 722 set up to three rooms, I want to be able to control 2 of them off tuner 1,one is setup with componet and then I have run a long hdmi out to tv 2, so I need to be able to have a remote that will work as a uhf on tuner 1 while tuner 2 goes to the third tv and is controled by remote 2 uhf . So basicaly I want to control 2 HD tv's off tuner 1 that are about 100ft away from each other while still being able to still have tuner 2 control a third tv. I know the hd tv's will have the same channel and that's ok. Anybody know if this is possible ?

Yes you can control TV1 with an UHF remote control.

http://www.satelliteone.com/dish/support/Quick_Facts-6.2_Replacement_Remote_Control.pdf

I know I can do it in single mode, but I want to be able to not effect tuner 2.How do you set a uhf remote to control tuner 1 only while it is in dual mode. thanks

The two remotes (for TV1 and TV2) use different frequencies. Not to split hairs but TV1 and TV2 are different than Tuner 1 and Tuner 2. It gets confusing.

I do have the 6.3 with black and I can make it work as long as I am in the same room as 722 but I want to be able to control it from the back of my house on another tv set to tuner 1 via hdmi. maybe I'm missing something easy but I cannot get this to do that.

at one time last night I was able to change the ' i box ' in the system info screen to' uhf pro' and now I can't get that back .that may have been where I could get this to work. does anybody know how to do this?

at one time last night I was able to change the ' i box ' in the system info screen to' uhf pro' and now I can't get that back .that may have been where I could get this to work. does anybody know how to do this?

Go to the Sys Info screen and hold the SAT button until it blinks.
Enter the number 1-16, except for the address on TV2.
Press Pound #. The SAT mode button will flash three times. The Sys Info screen should show UHF PRO and the address you entered.
Press Record.

I tried that but it does not change it to say uhf pro instead of IR, I did have it changed that way last night but I was also changing alot of other things trying to get it to work the way I want . I guess I need to find somebody that has thier system setup the way I do and see if they had to do anything different to get it to work the way I want mine to 'if possible" I just want to control tuner 1 from the back room via uhf, and tuner 2 to operate another tv in dual mode

That's the procedure I used to set mine to UHF PRO. Are you sure you have the correct key? It must be the green key with a black 1, not a black key. The black key is for the 501, 508, 510 and 721.

That's the procedure I used to set mine to UHF PRO. Are you sure you have the correct key? It must be the green key with a black 1, not a black key. The black key is for the 501, 508, 510 and 721.
I have the 6.3 ir/uhf pro with a blue side and a black side I don't have a green and black key on any of my remotes . what # would that be and would that do what I want? does that one work on the 722?

OK, look at the PDF again and replace 942 with 622/722. In page 2 there's a key reference, you must use the second key to be able to control TV1 on a 622/722 via UHF. It's a green key with a black #1.

I'm using it for a 622 and it works just fine. The one you're using is only for TV2 on a 622/722(blue side) and UHF/IR on a 501, 508, 510, and 721 (black side).

Here's one on eBay:

NEW DISH NETWORK REMOTE IR UHF 6.3 PRO 622 722 921 FTA - eBay (item 160223108386 end time Apr-02-08 15:16:26 PDT)

and another one:

BRAND NEW DISHNETWORK 6.2/6.3 IR/UHF PRO/LEGACY REMOTE - eBay (item 120238914130 end time Apr-03-08 12:04:59 PDT)

OK, look at the PDF again and replace 942 with 622/722. In page 2 there's a key reference, you must use the second key to be able to control TV1 on a 622/722 via UHF. It's a green key with a black #1.

I'm using it for a 622 and it works just fine. The one you're using is only for TV2 on a 622/722(blue side) and UHF/IR on a 501, 508, 510, and 721 (black side).

Here's one on eBay:

NEW DISH NETWORK REMOTE IR UHF 6.3 PRO 622 722 921 FTA - eBay (item 160223108386 end time Apr-02-08 15:16:26 PDT)

and another one:

BRAND NEW DISHNETWORK 6.2/6.3 IR/UHF PRO/LEGACY REMOTE - eBay (item 120238914130 end time Apr-03-08 12:04:59 PDT)
the first one shows it having a blue key inserted, is the same one I have ? is the only difference is that one comes with the needed key? thanks

the first one shows it having a blue key inserted, is the same one I have ? is the only difference is that one comes with the needed key? thanks

Both come with the different keys needed. In your case you'll need the green key with the black #1. Look for a 6.2 or 6.3 remote with the keys included and you'll be fine. I'm using a 6.2 remote but it came with the correct key.

Some people have gotten the TV2 remote control to work by removing the key and selecting the correct position inside with a paper clip. You may want to try that but I don't know the correct position for TV1 UHF PRO. Derwin0 did it without the key, you may want to send him a PM.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1094507-post17.html

I was just browsing around and found a post at dbs that describes the same thing. I followed the instructions and guess what it work with the one that I have. All I did was take out the key from the blue position and then just reinserted black side up till first click and removed it. now I have on the info screen "primary remote address ir/pro band a"---secondary remote address uhf pro band a. everthing works like I want it. thanks for all your help

I was just browsing around and found a post at dbs that describes the same thing. I followed the instructions and guess what it work with the one that I have. All I did was take out the key from the blue position and then just reinserted black side up till first click and removed it. now I have on the info screen "primary remote address ir/pro band a"---secondary remote address uhf pro band a. everthing works like I want it. thanks for all your help

Good deal. Glad to help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)