can i move?

An actual move or a "move" to get different stations. I think Hiawatha is in the Topeka DMA at the extreme NE edge. White Cloud is in the St. Jo DMA. I assume you're getting St. Jo locals now. Are you worried about HD locals or SD locals?

"move" No I am not worried about hd or sd.

St joe was only with antenna that dish put up, That was then lost when I tried digital! So im at wits end. and was hoping a "move" would be ok

Im only 11 miles from hiawatha!

The Topeka SD locals are on transponder 31, spotbeam 24. You can look here for a spotbeam map of transponder 31:

http://www.dishuser.org/E10spots/e10t31.gif

It looks like you are in the beam, but take a look at transponder 31 and make sure you are getting a signal (use menu 6,1,1 then select 110 and then transponder 31.)

The high definition locals are on 61.5 and they currently only have CBS available. You would need to mount a second dish pointing at 61.5. Look at what is listed as beam 15 on this map: http://www.dishuser.org/e12spots.pdf. If you get the 61.5 dish mounted, you would need to look at transponder 5 to see if you had coverage.

thank you all so much, now if I can just get the nerve

Nothing to worry about. Dish just does a wink and a nod on this. They just want you to lie so they can deny knowlege if something goes wrong. It may take a couple of tries before they get it right though. Several members have reported strange combinations of old and new after the first attempt. Just call back.

The chat is a painless and impersonal way to do this

Use the chat feature on DishNetwork.com and you won't even have to speak with anybody. Just tell them you've temporarily moved and have already moved the dish and it's working perfectly. You just need to change your service address. Give them an address of a business in Hiawatha with an Apt # added to it and you'll be good to go.

I live in loves park, IL (rockford), if I wanted to "move" to chicago will there be any aiming issues. How do I know all will work, sorry newbie here. I get 129, 119 and 110 is this feasible?

Last edited:
I live in loves park, IL (rockford), if I wanted to "move" to chicago will there be any aiming issues. How do I know all will work, sorry newbie here. I get 129, 119 and 110 is this feasible?
Right now, the Chicago HD locals are on TP12 (CONUS) from 129 and TP11 (Spotbeam) from 61.5. If you are receiving 129 now, you can safely "move" to Chicago. You will have to watch the uplink reports for Ciel-2 to see if/when the Chicago HD locals go to spotbeam.

I live near Main and Riverside in Rockford. I'm blocked by trees for 119/129, but I researched "moving" last month as I can see eastern arc. We are clearly in the spot beams for Chicago. The Chicago spotbeams are on 110 for sd and 129 conus for HD.

Here is something I was wondering also, I get the rsn sports package simply for fox sports midwest. I am a Cardinals fan, here in Loves Park they are not blacked out, if I "move' will they then be blacked out?

Here is something I was wondering also, I get the rsn sports package simply for fox sports midwest. I am a Cardinals fan, here in Loves Park they are not blacked out, if I "move' will they then be blacked out?

Don't know. If they are, you can "move" back, as long as you don't do it too often. Just say the new place fell through and you had to move back.

I live in Rockford and "moved" several years ago to my office in the suburbs. At the time, the Rockford locals were not even on dish. I now get the four networks in HD, WGN in HD, 3 independents, 3 PBS etc. Even the news is much better (3rd market vs 144)... Now when i flip over to antenna to watch the local news on occasion, its kinda like watching the junior high AV club...

Only problem I had was getting my 722 receiver, they showed up to the "service" address (I told them what address to come to), so I had to move back to Rockford, then that afternoon moved back.
icon10.gif

Am I doing something wrong, I am talking to Jessica yeah right, and she keeps going on about dish mover. I keep trying to tell her it is hooked up already and I need to change my service address. She isn't getting it.

Edit
Finally made her understand, looking great, thanks again for all the help.

Last edited:
Am I doing something wrong, I am talking to Jessica yeah right, and she keeps going on about dish mover. I keep trying to tell her it is hooked up already and I need to change my service address. She isn't getting it.

Edit
Finally made her understand, looking great, thanks again for all the help.

The Dishmover is in their script. If she was from the Asian center she likely didn't understand what you wanted at first. Congrats on your move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)