can i move?

Always be sure to keep the billing address at where you really get your mail. If you have ebilling, no sweat.

Also, I look up RV parks (lots of transient customers) and use their address plus a parking space number. I don't recommend using a business address as Dish doesn't like residential type installations at a commercial location.

Hays, KS

Guys, I am in Hays, KS. Wichita-Hutchinson DMA. If you look at a Kansas map, we are the fifth county over from the upper left-hand side and then the third one down. Is there anywhere I can "move" to get locals in HD? Topeka, maybe? Or am I just SOL until they decide the Wichita market is worthy of HD locals? I get all three satellites.

signal

OK, I just checked my signal strength and on sat 129 transponder 4 I'm getting 38, and on Sat 129 transponder 6 I get 37. If I understand correctly, KC hd locals are on 129/4 and Topeka are on 129/6. Does my signal strength indicate I can get local if I "move" there?

Use the chat feature on DishNetwork.com and you won't even have to speak with anybody. Just tell them you've temporarily moved and have already moved the dish and it's working perfectly. You just need to change your service address. Give them an address of a business in Hiawatha with an Apt # added to it and you'll be good to go.

2nd that chat feature. I "moved" twice today trying to pick up the local hd I lost due to the spot beam in Atlanta. They never asked me anything just changed it. To bad I still was unable to get HD locals back though. I'm going to wait a few weeks and see if I can find something then.

I am packed and ready to "move" to Chicago once I find out if there going to be spot beamed or not. :what

Check your signal on 119 tp 1 and tp 3. I think you should be in the spotbeam for both Tulsa and OKC HD locals. OKC has the big 4, Tulsa is missing Fox, but the Tulsa NBC affiliate is all HD. They can do syndicated and local HD broadcasts and not just the national NBC stuff.

CST Spotbeam

super buddy and 129

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)