Can I pick the 148 from south Florida?

slimoli

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
I have a totally open view from my balcony to SW (high floor) but no way to see SE, therefore no 61.5. I need one foreign chanel (Globo) only available on 121,61.5 and 148. As I can see now Dish has no plans to have this ch on the 118.7, wich would be great.

Thanks

Sergio

Where in Florida?

I looked up Tampa & Miami and both are doable....it might eb a b**ch but its doable

Numbers for Miami
elevation-12
azimuth-265

numbers for Tampa
elevation 13.2
azimuth-263

I know here in MN my elevation is 15 and I can do it. But you need a really good view to the west in your case

Yes, I'm in Miami. Looking at 263 from my balcony all I can see is the horizon. I think I will try the 1000+ and a wing for the 148. I need all the HDs and the Globo. I'm waiting for more reports on the 129 using the 1000+ and hope I can find a good installer here.

Thank you guys once again

Sergio

Iceberg said:
I didnt think 129 worked in South Florida?

There are few Dish 1000 here and some installers say it works OK and some say no way. That's why I'm waiting to see if the 1000+ actually improves the signal. The fact that I have no buildings and no trees from my SW should help. I will not make any decision until I get confirmations that the 129 is possible here. It's tough to be a Floridian and love a good picture...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)