Can I replace the motor in a mover

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
I have a BUD (12 foot). I use one of those long motor arms. I am also using a VBox. It has been working fine but now when I want to move the motor up is does it really slow. When I want to move it down it works fine. For example if I move 10 point down, to go back those 10 point I may need to do 40. I think the weather damage something inside. I was wondering if there is a way to remove the Square box where I connect the 4 cables (the motor+,Motor-,sensor-,sensor+). Can that be replaced?

On most of the dish movers I've seen the motor itself isn't likely to make it miss counts?? Those are done most of the time by a reed switch that works off the main screw, not the motor. You didn't say what brand it is but on a 12 footer it's likely a VonWeise and it could be the thrust bearing bad on the screw that allows the magnet wheel to move away from the reed switch when it moves in one direction and not in the other. Pull the cover off and have someone lift up on the dish in the direction it moves to see if the magnet wheel moves in or out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)