can i run a hr22 on one feed from dish and split it at the reveiver for both sat inputs ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wease59

Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
florida
Not sure if it can be done without running a new coax line from the dish or can i split the single line that is pre-wired in the house so i can use both tuners on the dvr?
The dish is a new slimline 5 lnb.
Any thoughts?

Only if it is a SWM LNB. Alternately, you could run 4 lines to a SWM8 and a single line from there (this would be more expensive). Power inserters would be needed for either method.

No - if your dish is the legacy type LNB (4 outputs on the LNB) then you MUST run the 2nd coax.
Only DISH has the "splitter" thing behind the receiver to run both tuners from 1 coax - D* does NOT use this on their SWM technology.

If you have the SWM LNB (ONLY 1 output on the LNB & you have a power supply inside) then you just connect the single coax to the SAT1 input on the receiver & you're all set.

I'm guess you have the legacy dish, so if you can't/don't want to run the 2nd coax, you need to change the LNB to an SWM - you probably would be better off calling D*, as if you just got this installed, they should have never left you with only the 1 tuner running.

If using the legacy setup (running 2nd line from the dish) I'm pretty sure the receiver will have to be reconfigured to dual tuners as it is setup for single tuner now. If changed to a SWM setup the receiver will auto-detect the SWM lnb but not sure it whether it will have to be changed to dual tuners or if it detects that as well. Select 'satellite' in menu and 'repeat satellite setup' option and you will know either way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)