can I save more money on HD setup?

petglow

Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
I'm currently paying for local channels ($5/month) and HD essentials ($10/month) on my subscription with HD DVR 722 setup. Since I have OTA antenna, I tried getting rid of local channels to save $5. To my surprise, I was able view OTA local channels, but lost the programming guide information for OTA stations. This made it almost impossible to use the DVR effectively, so I had to restore local channel service.

In reality, due to lack of HD programming on Dish, I'd be perfectly happy using the 722 just to record OTA in HD, and record satellite programming in SD. Is it possible to drop HD essentials package? Any other options I can consider to reduce cost?

I'm currently paying for local channels ($5/month) and HD essentials ($10/month) on my subscription with HD DVR 722 setup. Since I have OTA antenna, I tried getting rid of local channels to save $5. To my surprise, I was able view OTA local channels, but lost the programming guide information for OTA stations. This made it almost impossible to use the DVR effectively, so I had to restore local channel service.

In reality, due to lack of HD programming on Dish, I'd be perfectly happy using the 722 just to record OTA in HD, and record satellite programming in SD. Is it possible to drop HD essentials package? Any other options I can consider to reduce cost?
You can drop HD Essentials and just go with OTA and SD, but you will also have a $7 HD Enabling fee for having an HD Receiver and not having an HD package, so it is probably worth keeping the HD Essentials.

Do you have the DVR Advantage??? This might save you a few dollars (like 3 or 4) if you have AT200. In addition, they have the All HD package which is like $29.99 or something, but you do lose the ability to have your Regional Sports Networks.

Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)