Can I split one RG6 to feed two eastern arc receivers?

Mark0

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
Lowell, MA
Or do I need to run a new RG6 to the dish for each receiver?

Further along those lines, how many receivers can one eastern arc dish accomodate?

Thanks

If you have DPP equipment (prob do, EA), you can use a "separator" NOT a "splitter." This will allow one coax to feed a dual tuner receiver. You can make other runs from the dish to receivers in other locations. It is possible to use switches to increase the number of runs available. It really depends upon how many receivers and what type. You generally don't want to make a 100' run either.

I am thinking of adding 2 receivers. Two will be 622's the third will be a single tuner (612).
Can I do this with 2 coax? The runs will be about 50-75'

I am thinking of adding 2 receivers. Two will be 622's the third will be a single tuner (612).
Can I do this with 2 coax? The runs will be about 50-75'

It will take 3 lines. 1 to each of the units from the DPP switch or out of the LNB multi-switch outputs. Then there will need to be a separator for each of the dual tuners inputs.

3 coax runs should do it. You may need a switch, I'm not sure how many outputs there are from the LNB assembly on a 1000.4. Maybe somebody more knowledgeable than I will pop in. There are a variety of options regarding switches, depending upon if you want to allow for easy future expansion.

(added after original post: I see somebody beat me to it. Man, I must be a slow typist!)

the lnb on the 1k4 will handle the 2 622's and the 1 612. but as stated above each receiver will need a dedicated cable ran back the 1k4 and separator behind each reciever. make sure to use 3ghz barrels in your wall plates, you don't want any problems later.

The 612 is NOT a single tuner, it has the same tuners as the 622

I see.

Do they make a single tuner HD w/ DVR receiver? The 622 I now have gives off a LOT of heat. I was thinking of moving it to another tv and going with a single tuner (assuming it will use less power)

3 coax runs should do it. You may need a switch, I'm not sure how many outputs there are from the LNB assembly on a 1000.4. Maybe somebody more knowledgeable than I will pop in. There are a variety of options regarding switches, depending upon if you want to allow for easy future expansion.

(added after original post: I see somebody beat me to it. Man, I must be a slow typist!)
there three outputs on a D-1000.4 LNB...The LNB is Dish Pro Plus....6 tuners total if they are Dual tuner recivers.

The 612.

I see.

Do they make a single tuner HD w/ DVR receiver? The 622 I now have gives off a LOT of heat. I was thinking of moving it to another tv and going with a single tuner (assuming it will use less power)

A 612 is for one TV. Yes it is like a 622 HD dual tuner, but it is for one tv. You can record one thing and watch another, but It is for hookup for one TV.

Next week (Wednesday) you can get a 211/211K/411 and add an external HD to it to have a single tuner DVR. (Well it actually has two - one satellite and one OTA tuner.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)