Can I split TV2 signal this way? *Picture inside*

gth181a

Original poster
Jan 30, 2011
GA
I have a VIP222K Duo receiver. TV1 goes to the Living Room upstairs next to receiver. TV2 signal goes to a tv downstairs in the family room currently. I want to split TV2 into another bed room downstairs. Can I split it like I have drawn in the figure here?

Dishsplit.JPG

Thanks!

Agree, that works perfect. Also, you might consider getting an extra UHF remote so that you don't have to carry from Family Room to Bedroom. You should be able to find one on Ebay for about $10. You'll just want to set the new remote to the same remote address.

I ask this question because when I searched for this topic, I keep reading something about the "Home Distribution" connection and having to split it at the receiver output...

Thanks!

Well your drawing is wrong.

You would have 1 wire from your Satellite Dish to your Vip222 upstairs, Thats Correct.
Then you would have your TV2 Wire from the back of your Vip222 running to your Downstairs Splitter.
Then from there you would run your Coax from your splitter to the back of your downstairs TVs.

You wouldn't have a Coax running from your satellite dish to your downstairs TV.

Hemi 6.1 is correct if you are using a dual tuner receiver with two tv outputs. The only difference is it comes from the receiver where TV1 is instead of the satellite dish going to TV2. The splitter can still be in place at the TV2 room or it can be split outside going to TV2 if it is coming from TV1. If you already have a wire coming from the satellite dish going to TV2 room and dont want to reroute your wires the you can put the diplexer at the dish at at the TV1 end to get your signal to TV2. Make sure to put the diplexer that is outside in a weatherproof box to protect it from moisture or seal it really good at the connections.

One thing I found was that setting the TV2 modulator output to a lower channel help the PQ after a long RG6 run and a splitter. This is done easily in the receiver by going to menu-6-1-5 for modulator setup. Channel 60 was the default but I have had much better quality using 21 (TV1) and 24 (TV2)-using both gives more flexibility-as modulated channels for the rest of the house from my 722 in dual mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts