Can I transfer "old" EHD recordings to an H3?

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
Back in the day of the 722, used to archive favorite shows on EHD, ended up with three EHD's worth. Presently I have HWS, and am thinking of upgrading to H3. Never had accessed the EHDs on the HWS, now I wonder if they are "toast," given the requirements for USB 2.0 cables, etc, per the DISH site. If I do upgrade to H3, would also want to archive several programs currently on the HWS, so they would be available to the H3. These I could at least use a DISH-acceptable EHD.

Anyone know if the H3 will accept recordings off an older EHD, i.e., USB 1.0-era?

Thanks

Any EHD from any previous DishDVR should work. You can transfer to the Hopper or watch directly from the drive, it will appear under "sources" in the DVR list.

Reactions: navychop and Tampa8
Listen to navychop, that's good advice if you go for the H3. However, in the interim you might want to get a hub and connect all 3 of your EHD's to your HWS. You can turn any two of them on at a time and the HWS will recognize them, I do this with my HWS. I believe the H3 will recognize all three of them.

Reactions: salyavin
It has to be said, just in case it wasn't clear...the EHD will work from 722 to Hopper, provided it's the same active account. If a new account was set up with the Hopper, any recordings on the EHD from previous accounts will NOT be accessible.

Reactions: Bobby
Yes.

Might be best to wait three days after installation.

USB 2, I think.
Great, and thanks to all. I have the same account I have had with DISH since 1994, so that should be good. I just got a bit antsy when I read on their site about the USB 2.0 being a requirement for EHD's to their new boxes. Knew I could count on The Board:bday

Reactions: dennispap
Great, and thanks to all. I have the same account I have had with DISH since 1994, so that should be good. I just got a bit antsy when I read on their site about the USB 2.0 being a requirement for EHD's to their new boxes. Knew I could count on The Board:bday

Wow, you had an account 2 years before DISH started broadcasting. :biggrin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)