Can I "transfer" shows into my new 622?

adam612

Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
We're moving next week, and also upgrading to Dish HD at the same time.

Since our current receiver-- which we will have to send back to Dish-- is full of about 80 hours of kids programming for my son, we're wondering if there's some way to move some of this into or onto the new receiver?

I don't want to put it onto VHS because we just bought a new LCD TV... and I know it's not possible to burn to a DVD... I just want to retain some of the stuff for my son so he can have something to feel "at home" with in the new home.

Is this possible?

Thanks

I had this problem when I moved too. I ended up just setting up the schedule again and it filled up in a few days. The only thing that I couldn't get back quickly was the Star Wars clone wars and I just went and bought the DVDs for that.

What kind of receiver do you have now?

Since he's getting a new 622, he probably has an older receiver. I don't think he can use the USB External Drive option (if that's what you were thinking).

It's not possible to transfers your shows from one receiver to another unless you use the EHD option. If you want to transfer them to DVDs, there are a couple of options. Record them directly to a DVD recorder or visit Dishrip at Yahoo groups and read how you can transfer to your shows to a PC and burn to DVD from there.

I'm not sure which receiver (I'm at work at the moment) but we got it in July 2005.

I thought it wasn't possible to burn from the receiver to a DVD. That can be done? Via what connection?

I'm not sure which receiver (I'm at work at the moment) but we got it in July 2005.

I thought it wasn't possible to burn from the receiver to a DVD. That can be done? Via what connection?
Usually, SVideo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)