Can I use 129 instead of 61.5?

dhadik

Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
When getting my dish network installed earlier this year I informed the installer that I'm a full time RV'er and spend much of the year in the Western US. He told me I would need a two dish setup with one dish pointing at 119 and 110, and the other at 61.5. Now that I am west, (Bozeman, MT this week, and getting ready to head to Billings, Mt then Rapid City, SD) I find that the 61.5 is lower on the horizon than 129. If I am receiving 110 and 119 wouldn't I have to receive 129? I thought it was at a higher elevation.

Is there any other reason I can't use 129? I would much rather carry and set up one triple lnb dish then have to set up two separate dishes.

Thanks for any advice.

When getting my dish network installed earlier this year I informed the installer that I'm a full time RV'er and spend much of the year in the Western US. He told me I would need a two dish setup with one dish pointing at 119 and 110, and the other at 61.5. Now that I am west, (Bozeman, MT this week, and getting ready to head to Billings, Mt then Rapid City, SD) I find that the 61.5 is lower on the horizon than 129. If I am receiving 110 and 119 wouldn't I have to receive 129? I thought it was at a higher elevation.

Is there any other reason I can't use 129? I would much rather carry and set up one triple lnb dish then have to set up two separate dishes.

Thanks for any advice.

Won't hurt a thing, you will also get a few more HD channels off 129 than you would 61.5 too. Its just a matter of running a check switch if your going back and forth..no biggy.