Can i use a h25 and HR54 on the same system?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ko4zb

Original poster
Mar 31, 2021
Acworth GA
Hi
I have DTV with the HR54-500 and a mini in the other room and i want to add another room maybe 2 additional but i want to be able to take 2 receivers with me and leave the HR54 and mini home when we go to our getaway house and still be able to have the primary location working anyone know what receiver i would have to get ?

:welcome to Satelliteguys!
Yes you can use an H25 with the HR54. If you use the H25 by itself make sure the lnb on the dish is a swm type and you will also need a power inserter.

You definitely can, if you can find them. As others have said H25's are pretty much sold for "Commercial Only" now. If you call AT&T they'll sell you one for $399. You most likely will have to go with an H24 as suggested by others.

You definitely can, if you can find them. As others have said H25's are pretty much sold for "Commercial Only" now. If you call AT&T they'll sell you one for $399. You most likely will have to go with an H24 as suggested by others.

There is no difference between the 2 models, except H24 is older.

I would be more concerned with being able to activate any purchased receiver more than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no difference between the 2 models, except H24 is older.

That is incorrect. There are several differences between the H25 and H24.

1. The H25 is SWM-Only, the H24 supports SWM and traditional switched mode.
2. The H25 has a external power supply, the H24's power supply is internal.
3. The H25 does not support RF remotes without adding a RF receiver to it, the H24 has a built in RF receiver for RF remotes.
4. The H25 does not have Component outputs without using a proprietary adapter cable, the H24 has standard RCA component connections.
5. The H25 does not have a ethernet connection, to get it online you have to use DECA only, the H24 supports DECA and Ethernet.
6. SolidSignal no longer sells residential H25's they do however continue to sell redidential H24's for $99.

I've owned both at the same time before switching everything out to HR24's. While the H25 is slightly faster the H24 is better for DIY installs and RV's since it supports a lot more options by itself.

Reactions: Jimbo and raoul5788

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)