Can I use HDMI and Component Simultaneously?

yardline

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2005
So on the 622, can I use HDMI and component simultaneously to display the same source on two diffenrt TV's?

Thanks.

Is there any difference between and HDMI and Component regarding the Video quality on the 622 or are they the same? Which one is better?

It really depends alot on your monitor and your preferences. Try both and use which ever looks better to you.

So both are about equal? I dont use the HDMI for the Audio, I was under the impression that the HDMI was better than component on the video department.

It really depends. There have been many people say that they prefer the component over HDMI. Mostly this has to do with people saying they like the black levels better on component. I have switched back and forth and I actually have my 622 connected with HDMI/DVI and my 942 connected with component. Both look pretty darn good to me.

I use the HDMI for video and an optical cable into a stereo receiver for audio. I find that the HDMI audio is glitchy, it drops out after I change the channel. I then I have to pull out and reseat the HDMI cable from either in back of the vip211 or the tv to regain sound, thereofre I use the optical cable to the stereo. I already replaced the vip211 once and still have this issue.

The video portion of the HDMI works fine. I find it a bit sharper than component video.

good to know as i was wondering how i could connect it to a media pc tuner or HD recorder, that is once i get one that does HD plus my pc is 25 to 30 feet away....hum...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)