Can I use my Globecast satellite/receiver to get other satellites?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

quinnrj

Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
NJ
I number of years ago (perhaps 8-9), I installed a Globecast dish & receiver (model #SC996-T105) for receiving some channels. Now, however, we're not interested in those channels, and I have some questions:

1. Can I use the same dish & receiver to receive other satellites? I was looking at one of the following - Galaxy 28, AMC 21, and/or SES 1 (BTW, I'm in New Jersey, USA)

2. Could a motor be installed on the Globecast dish so I can steer it between these or other satellites?

3. If I could install a motor, do I need one to match the dish, or will any motor do?

Thanks.

-Bob

welcome :wave

I dont think the Globecast receiver can run a motor. In a lot of those cases the receiver was "locked" to only receive 97W.

Honestly I would just get a new receiver...one that has more functions and option than the Globecast one. You could pick up a good Pansat, Fortec, Coolsat, Visionsat for $50 or so

on second thought...reading the "newer" receiver they use (SE780) and those CAN be used with a motor (Diseqc 1.2 only) but no blind scan. Your reciever model gives very little info when googling.

Check the menus to see if you can use Diseqc 1.2 which is a motor. If you could post pics of the menus that would be great too ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts