Can I use my home Hopper with a Tailgater in my RV

Bruce46

Original poster
Dec 31, 2013
hillsboro, Oregon
Can I use my home Hopper and Joeys with a Tailgater in my RV?
in my home I have the hopper set up with 3 TV's thru Joeys.
Can I take my hopper/joeys and use them in my Motor home when traveling?

My 211E is currently used with my tailgater in my Motor home. but I can only use one TV at a time off the HDMI lead and 2nd tv is used with the cable output lead, But I can only mirror one channel at a time.
I also have a Winegard RV Digital Satellite System installed on my RV, Made for Winnebago industries their model Number is WI04DE no idea how to cross this number to a Winegard model number, will connect to Dish but the receiver is not HDMI. Can I use the 211E for both satellites?
I live in Oregon so 95% of the RV sites have large trees around them so in most cases I have to use the Tailgater to get a satellite.
Only issue I have with the Tailgater is Every time I go RV'ing I have to go through the binging of the unit to get it to work It's a real nuisance when your using a cell phone and you are roaming $$$$$$. I try remembering to have unit binged prior to going on a trip a couple of days in advance.
Thank you Bruce

You can get a dish 1000.2 on a tripod and connect that to a solo node with TWO RG 6 Coax cables, then run RG 6 to the Hopper and Joey and it will work fine.
If the dish on the RV has 3 LNBs it MAY be compatible with a Hopper setup. For some reason it seems many RV makers set up the rigs for Directv.

You can get a dish 1000.2 on a tripod and connect that to a solo node with TWO RG 6 Coax cables, then run RG 6 to the Hopper and Joey and it will work fine.
If the dish on the RV has 3 LNBs it MAY be compatible with a Hopper setup. For some reason it seems many RV makers set up the rigs for Directv.
You can run 2 RG6 cables back from a 1000.2 (or 1000.4) & network a VIP receiver with a Hopper/Joey:
http://rvseniormoments.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/999_dish_hopper_vip_mixed_network_tripod.pdf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)