Can I use off air module after disconnecting from Dish?

artisticcheese

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Hello,

I have old type HD receiver which I had to buy off-air module to receive HD programming. If I cancel dish on that receiver I'll loose my off-air HD channels as well? Anybody knows?

Last I knew, it will still work as long as you leave the dish connected and it can see the satellite. You don't have so subscribe but it needs to see the satellite.

Thanks,

I have one last question. Right now I have 3 receivers in my house. I own 1 (HD receiver) and leasing 2 others (DVR and standard receiver).
On my bill I just see 2 leased receivers fees ($5) and nothing for my HD receiver. If I disconnect my HD receiver I will not be saving any money? Or am I missing something?

artisticcheese said:
Thanks,

I have one last question. Right now I have 3 receivers in my house. I own 1 (HD receiver) and leasing 2 others (DVR and standard receiver).
On my bill I just see 2 leased receivers fees ($5) and nothing for my HD receiver. If I disconnect my HD receiver I will not be saving any money? Or am I missing something?
I believe if you discontinue service on your HD receiver you can still keep service on the other two. This should reduce your cost by $5.

whats the real difference between direct and dish

Could I be under contract with Radio Shack?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)