Can I use Superdish

billinmidmich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Hi all.......need some info. Have 1000.2 dish. I have an older Dish Superdish. Can I take the 3 LNB from the 1000.2 and mount on the superdish to help combat rain/cloud fade? I am aimed at 110, 119, 129. What would be focal length? Anyone done this? Thanks

Hi all.......need some info. Have 1000.2 dish. I have an older Dish Superdish. Can I take the 3 LNB from the 1000.2 and mount on the superdish to help combat rain/cloud fade? I am aimed at 110, 119, 129. What would be focal length? Anyone done this? Thanks
If you are having exorbitant cloud/rain fade, you need to have the 1000.2 re-aligned.

The 1000.2 is small to me. I just thought the larger dish would help when it's stormy out. I never had any rain fade with my Cband dish. Even in worst storm. I have high signals in 90's with the 1000.2 in case you was wondering.

My 1000.2, since repeaked in May has had "0" rain/cloud problems (that I know of). The initial install was not quite right, and I did have a few problems then.

C band uses a different frequency for broadcasting it is much less prone to rainfade.
If you think size is the only importance mount that 1000.2 feed on a c band dish, you will learn about focal distance, shape and loss of signal because hole are too large for wavelength.

C-band or C/Ku

C band uses a different frequency for broadcasting it is much less prone to rainfade.
If you think size is the only importance mount that 1000.2 feed on a c band dish, you will learn about focal distance, shape and loss of signal because hole are too large for wavelength.

True if it's an old C-band only dish but not so if it a C/Ku band dish. Mesh on the C'Ku has holes small enough for E*.

The spacing on the LNB will NOT work on another (bigger) dish setup. The spacing is different due to different focal points

Example...on a 20" dish the 2 LNB's are next to each other. But on a 24" there is a 1/2" to 3/4" gap between them. A 30" is bigger than that

The spacing on the LNB will NOT work on another (bigger) dish setup. The spacing is different due to different focal points

Example...on a 20" dish the 2 LNB's are next to each other. But on a 24" there is a 1/2" to 3/4" gap between them. A 30" is bigger than that

So, I would be better off to get 3 singles to use?

If you are really serious about signal strength, without going outrageous on costs try 3 30" dishes with a DPP33 switch, you will need DP LNBs.

If you are really serious about signal strength, without going outrageous on costs try 3 30" dishes with a DPP33 switch, you will need DP LNBs.

Maybe thats what I should do. I have the switch 2, 30" dishes and a 31" dish just sitting. I just need the LNB's. Thanks for the responses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)