Can I use the Sling Player Mobile application with my iPhone?

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Do you have to use the Dish Remote Access application with my iPhone to watch your Sling video or can you use the Sling Player mobile?

I've tried setting up the Sling Player Mobile application but it says my admin password is invalid.

Being a software developer I took a look at the packets being sent to Dish network and I found the Sling adapter admin password but I'm not sure if I should use it or if it will break something... :/

You can use the Free DISH Remote Access program or the $29 Slingplayer App. The choice is up to you.

The PQ is better however on the FREE DISH Remote Access Program so take that into consideration.

How do other people find the admin password? Was it available elsewhere that I didn't see?

EDIT: Also, I'd love to use the Dish Remote Access app but it doesn't work on any iPhone or iPad that I've tried. TonyT is looking into it though...

Nice... that's a lot easier than looking at the packets, heh.

Do you know a lot about how their stuff works? It looks like the reason my Dish Remote Access app is crashing on my iOS devices is because my "user_settings" is coming back empty for my receiver/user. (I'm looking at the HTTP POST/JSON data the application is sending) The application crashes right after it says "Checking settings", and the last packet sent has "command: user_settings", so it definitely looks like something is wrong with them...

EDIT: Also, now that I have the Sling Player Mobile working on my iPhone, when I press [High Quality] it says "Switching to High Quality..." but it doesn't seem to switch. The button still says [High Quality] and if I press it again the same thing happens.

EDIT2: Actually, I don't have [Guide] or [DVR] buttons either...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts