Can I use....

maxmoto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
NW Ohio
Can I use an old D* dish to recieve 61.5 connected to my 1000.2? I though I read somewhere that this was possible. The dish is probably 5 or 6 years old.

The dish will work fine but the LNB must be Dish Pro. It will have a black DP on the outer side of the LNB. The legacy LNB will not work with the 1000.2 and you will get a error message when doing a check switch.

An old Direct TV dish will not work. It has a square hole for the LNB a Dishpro LNB or any Dish LNB for that matter has a D shape to it so they wont fit into the arm. The old D* is equivilent to the Legacy LNB that Dish uses. You need to use a DP LNB with the 1000.2 to work.

An "old old" DirecTV dish WILL work....if it is one of the "Hughes Network" "D" Style dishes and some older origional "Dish" dishes had that setup..... probably 4-6 years old....it is not square and can point to the 61.5 location....

There is....or was.... a "square" converter to a "D" style adaptor to convert from a square end dish to a Dual 300 (current D style (single satellite) LNB)...but I haven't seen one in awhile....May want to contact a reputable retailer.

You can just point to the 61.5 with a "legacy" (non DP LNB) direct, but you won't get anything else....and you could use an old "SW64" switch, lots more cables, a second Dish 500 antenna, optional SW21 switches, etc, with the legacy LNB's....blah blah blah....

There are a lot of Sky Angel broadcast setups still using this equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts