Can IHookup 4 sats to DPP34 switch?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scorpion.sting

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Logansport, IN
Hi Guys

This is what I got. I have Dish HD Plat Pack. I have 2 Dish 500 dishes. One dish is pointing at 61.5 sat, the other two are pointing at 110 & 119 sats. The 61.5 coax connects to one of the LNB's pointing at 110 or 119 sat so I only have two coax cables coming into my house.

My question is, I just bought a DPP34 switch, can I run those two cables coming into my house into the DPP34 switch or do I have to disconnect the cable running from the 61.5 sat dish to the 110 or 119 and end up running 3 coax cables into my house and into the DPP34 switch? or can I leave the wiring alone and have a free input on my DPP34 switch for a 4th sat?

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Scorp:)

You have a DPP Twin that allows input for a third satellite (61.5). When you use a switch that input is disabled so you'll need to run a separate run from 61.5 to the switch. You will have 3 cable runs to the switch and the switch will feed the receivers.

You don't say what receivers you have. If you have a dual tuner (622, 625, etc) you will need two cable runs to the receivers if you use a DP34. If you buy a DPP44 then all you'll need is a single cable run and a DP Separator.

BTW, just to clarify there is no DPP34. There is a DPP44 and DP34 and coming soon a DPP33.

Thanx Randall

I plan in the near future to be able to receive HD locals out of Indianapolis. How is Dish going to hook me up to see 4 sats since right now Di sh is saying that my HD locals are going to be on 118.5?

Scorp:)

A DPP44 will handle 4 locations and you can run single cable runs to the dual tuners with this switch. You will have to be upgraded to a Dish 500 + so I'll assume that they will provide the DPP44 switch.

When you're ready to upgrade, make sure you ask who's paying for the equipment upgrade. Those DPP44 switches are pretty expensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts