Can IHookup 4 sats to DPP34 switch?

Scorpion.sting

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Logansport, IN
Hi Guys

This is what I got. I have Dish HD Plat Pack. I have 2 Dish 500 dishes. One dish is pointing at 61.5 sat, the other two are pointing at 110 & 119 sats. The 61.5 coax connects to one of the LNB's pointing at 110 or 119 sat so I only have two coax cables coming into my house.

My question is, I just bought a DPP34 switch, can I run those two cables coming into my house into the DPP34 switch or do I have to disconnect the cable running from the 61.5 sat dish to the 110 or 119 and end up running 3 coax cables into my house and into the DPP34 switch? or can I leave the wiring alone and have a free input on my DPP34 switch for a 4th sat?

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Scorp:)

You have a DPP Twin that allows input for a third satellite (61.5). When you use a switch that input is disabled so you'll need to run a separate run from 61.5 to the switch. You will have 3 cable runs to the switch and the switch will feed the receivers.

You don't say what receivers you have. If you have a dual tuner (622, 625, etc) you will need two cable runs to the receivers if you use a DP34. If you buy a DPP44 then all you'll need is a single cable run and a DP Separator.

BTW, just to clarify there is no DPP34. There is a DPP44 and DP34 and coming soon a DPP33.

Thanx Randall

I plan in the near future to be able to receive HD locals out of Indianapolis. How is Dish going to hook me up to see 4 sats since right now Di sh is saying that my HD locals are going to be on 118.5?

Scorp:)

A DPP44 will handle 4 locations and you can run single cable runs to the dual tuners with this switch. You will have to be upgraded to a Dish 500 + so I'll assume that they will provide the DPP44 switch.

When you're ready to upgrade, make sure you ask who's paying for the equipment upgrade. Those DPP44 switches are pretty expensive.