Can my old 811 view the dishbronze package channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dsharky

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 15, 2004
Hi all,

I called Dish network today and upgraded my old DVR-510 to the ViP622 and the Dish Bronze package. woohoo. However, in my living room, I also have another HD TV which i'm currently running 811. My question is, can the 811 view the new 25 HD channels I'll be able to get the ViP622 i have running in my bedroom?

I hope so, I don't want to negotiate with dishnetwork again.

Hi all,

I called Dish network today and upgraded my old DVR-510 to the ViP622 and the Dish Bronze package. woohoo. However, in my living room, I also have another HD TV which i'm currently running 811. My question is, can the 811 view the new 25 HD channels I'll be able to get the ViP622 i have running in my bedroom?

I hope so, I don't want to negotiate with dishnetwork again.

Sorry No. Only the original MPEG-2 HD Pak channels. Discovery-HD, HDNet, HDNet Movies, TNT-HD, ESPN-HD.

NightRyder

Sorry No. Only the original MPEG-2 HD Pak channels. Discovery-HD, HDNet, HDNet Movies, TNT-HD, ESPN-HD.

NightRyder

Bummer, how much is dish giving out the 211 for current customers? I know it's $199 for the ViP622

It will pick up everything that is not mpeg-4. I have done several installs of 622's for people that had an 811 on another tv. The 811 would get everything that is not mepeg-4. Same goes for people with the old 921's. So you will get more than you have with the old HD pack.

Does anyone know if the VOOM channels that are still MPEG-2 are available on the 811 when the account has a VIP receiver and is subscribed to a metal package?

I am at work so I can't name them all but I believe I'm getting at least 6 of the Voom channels on my 811. I will give you a complete list tonight if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Thanks, i guess it's trivial now that I called up dish again and spoke with retention again. They admit making a mistake in not telling me that the 811 won't pick up the new channels i'll be subscribing to(bronze) and they'll waive the $49.99 fee to replace my 811 with the 211. I'm very excited now to go from a DVR-510 and 811 to the new 622 and the 211. Woohoo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)