Can not pause live tv

chibi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Every time I tried to pause live tv I am getting a red circle with a slash displayed
on the upper corner of the tv. After resetting my 722 receiver it seems to be
working again. Has this happen to anybody else? Searching for "can not pause
live tv" did not return any results.

If it's the first time that it's happened then I wouldn't worry too much although I would start moving recordings that you haven't watched/want to keep to an external hard drive. If it occurs again then it may be time to call Dish and ask for a replacement.

I have a 722k in the br that does that sometimes, even the one in the den will but less often than the other one. Not a lot though. When it does occur I just hit the clear button and everything is back to normal. I figure it is just one of those bugs. If it is the hard drive I will wait until they die. Sometimes replacements can cause more problems than just that.

recently

Yes I've just moved to a new house & have gotten it. I've also had a single self reboot. I did a quick reinstall and it's only grd is the power plug. I'm hoping that that is all just due to the ungrounded situation. But I'm gonna transfer all prgms to the ext HDD just in case.

Do you turn both your television AND the receiver off (so that both the green & blue lights for tv1 and tv2 are off) when you're not watching tv? Or do you leave the receiver on alot when the tv is actually off?

It happens to me every time I switch channels and immediately try to pause it. I've never had it happen any other time.

It happens to me every time I switch channels and immediately try to pause it. I've never had it happen any other time.

Great!!, I tried just that and indeed I can not pause. Maybe my 722 hard drive is
ok:)

Do you turn both your television AND the receiver off (so that both the green & blue lights for tv1 and tv2 are off) when you're not watching tv? Or do you leave the receiver on alot when the tv is actually off?

Pleae don't tell me you think that that accomplishes anything? Dish receivers NEVER turn off!

It wont pause if the flip bar or info bar are on the screen, just clear the bar by hitting exit first and then it should pause. That's the way it is on my 622.

mine does that too, i think it just gives you that icon because there isn't anything in the buffer yet. mine has only done it when i switch channels or just turn on the unit. and i have paused when the info bar is up so i don't think it is that, an empty buffer is probably to blame for it.