Can not record Dish locals on VIP722

JWKessler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
Nineveh Junction, NY
I'm using a VIP722 with Over The Air Tuner and am in the Binghamton, NY DMA. We only get SD from the satellite here. The OTA tuner and outside antenna gives me two locals, CBS and Fox, in HD.

For the past week or two I have been unable to record the satellite delivered SD locals. All other channels (HD and SD) record and play back normally and I can record and playback the two OTA local channels that I can receive with an antenna. The problem is only with the SD locals from the satellite.

I can view these locals live with no problem at all. If I set a timer to record one of these channels the DVR goes through the motions of recording and I end up with the recording appearing in the "My Recordings" list. If I try to play it back however, all I see is a black screen, then in a second or two the program appears to end. If I try to view a program while it is recording, it will play normally if I select "View" from the menu, but if I select "Start Over" I only see a frozen frame of video. The only way to clear that is to play another program or switch channels. I also noticed that if, while watching one of the locals, I pause live TV when not recording, then press play, it immediately skips to live mode, skipping everything from the pause to live time.

Is anyone else seeing this and does anyone have an idea what might be going on here?

I sent Dish an E-Mail on this but have not received a response yet.

I have observed no such strangeness with my 722.

I think your internal disk is about to fail. Make sure you move everything of value off to an EHD immediately. Or sooner. ;)

I answered you at the other forum site also..... I have seen what you described there before, twice. It may be Dish has to fix it on their end. Last channel this happened with was Veria.

Hi, I am sorry that you are having a problem with recording your local channels. Can you please PM me your account or phone number and I will look inot this further for you? Thank you!

Just to follow up on this, this afternoon I discovered I am once again able to record my locals. I haven't heard from Mary but I suspect she got this resolved. If so, thanks!

Now if only these channels were in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts