Can one setup a new account with owned equipment self installed?

A. Dish Internet Response Team, which I am a member of

B. The lowest package we offer ($14.99 /month)

The Welcome Pack is only available to existing customers, out of contract

A. Dish Internet Response Team, which I am a member of

B. The lowest package we offer ($14.99 /month)

The Welcome Pack is only available to existing customers, out of contract

Thanks. But, you didn't address "C". Why would they require a 2-year commitment? They have no initialization costs to recoup.

You guys may wanna rethink the name, as the acronym isn't very flattering. Granted, it's not as bad as Support Hieristic Internet Tech or Customer Response Assurance Program. But, it's still not very flattering.

:p

They're trying to come up with something else, and in the lead so far is DISH Answers (like our FB and twitter pages). I like DIRT though, it's catchy (and more fun)

You guys may wanna rethink the name, as the acronym isn't very flattering. Granted, it's not as bad as Support Hieristic Internet Tech or Customer Response Assurance Program. But, it's still not very flattering.

What ever you call them they are better than the run of the mill CSRs. If they want to be called DIRT so be it.

True! I seem to remember the name Matt G from years ago when I had Dish at home. (Nowadays I just administer my company's 15-receiver commercial account.)

Perhaps Matt can help me now, as I am thinking of signing up for Dish again. It's been more than 5 years that I had an account in my name, maybe more like 7. So, I was wondering if that would entitle me to new sub promo pricing.

Also, I have plenty of equipment from work, and can easily install it myself. So, I was wondering if it's possible to get promo pricing without the two-year contract, being that Dish doesn't have any subscriber acquisition costs - no equipment, no installation.

Or, maybe they have some sort of Win-back or Welcome-back program? SiriusXM and DirecTV have special deals for returning subs.

It depends on the old account you have. If you want/are eligible for the promotions, you'll most likely need to do a commitment.

Send your phone number or account number in a PM and I'll see what we can do

Thanks Matt. But, I don't have my old account number. Those old invoices are in a box in the garage somewhere. And, my phone number has changed since back then, probably 2 or 3 times. Can you look it up by name? I can send that in a PM.

For anyone wanting to know what channels are in the Welcome Pack:
Locals (in HD if offered and SD)

130 AMC
203 Bloomberg
175 Boomerang
166 CMT
107 Comedy Central
110 Food Network
185 Hallmark
112 Home & Garden Television (ADDED)
120 History
84 HSN
230 ICTV (ADDED) (just a shopping type channel)
209 MSNBC
161 MTV2
127 Oxygen
137 QVC
228 ShopNBC
139 TBS
183 TLC
179 The Hub (formerly Disc Kids)
128 WE: Women's Entertainment
214 The Weather Channel

In addition, there are a la carte offerings.

I think that Encore may be a good one to add for $5/month with the following channels:
[Encore Movie Pack may be added for $5 more a month]
341 Encore West
342 Encore Westerns
343 Encore Action
344 Encore Mystery
345 Encore Drama
346 Encore Love
377 MoviePlex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)