Can OTA rescan be scheduled or done remotely?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PasTypique

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 9, 2016
Michigan
I will be in Florida for the month of January, exactly when the repack is scheduled to begin for Detroit OTA. I've never seen the feature but I'm wondering if it's possible to schedule the Hopper 3 to rescan the OTA channels on a particular date. If not, can it be done remotely?

I will be in Florida for the month of January, exactly when the repack is scheduled to begin for Detroit OTA. I've never seen the feature but I'm wondering if it's possible to schedule the Hopper 3 to rescan the OTA channels on a particular date. If not, can it be done remotely?

Possible remotely yes. Without a Slingbox, probably no.

The SlingBox uses an IR emitter you mount on the front of your H3 or other Dish receiver to mimic what an IR remote would send to the receiver as if you were in the room with the unit. For it to work you must turn on the IR reception for commands from your remote which normally uses RF (radio waves) instead of infrared [MENU>Settings>Remote Control>Infrared Reception=ON].

Reactions: charlesrshell
The SlingBox uses an IR emitter you mount on the front of your H3 or other Dish receiver to mimic what an IR remote would send to the receiver as if you were in the room with the unit. For it to work you must turn on the IR reception for commands from your remote which normally uses RF (radio waves) instead of infrared [MENU>Settings>Remote Control>Infrared Reception=ON].
My external Slingbox 500 has the IR emitter built in. Don't have to mount it on the front of my H3.

Just to make it clear, Slingbox can remotely control just about any function the DISH remote can, because it allows you to go into the menu. I have a Slingbox in Ct and Fl, they are indispensable.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Just to make it clear, Slingbox can remotely control just about any function the DISH remote can, because it allows you to go into the menu. I have a Slingbox in Ct and Fl, they are indispensable.
Yep, external SlingBox is awesome. I think it can do anything your remote control can do in your Hopper. Too bad they aren't making them anymore.

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts