Can PrimeStar Feed and Linear LNB Converted For Circular?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
I see slots down inside the feed horn that suggest it may be designed for a dielectric plate. Anyone know about this? Maybe some I could make? There are a few birds with circular Ku, but in the 11.7-12.2 range so a dbs lnb won't do.

There are several threads for converting circular Ku feedhorns to linear.
Mostly to bolt onto DishNet FSS 10750 LNBs, to get better reception than the horn DishNet used on their 105 bird.
Most recent was... by.. Magic Static (?), where he took a horn off an older DirecTV Phase III LNBF and mounted it to a DishNet LNB.
You could easily do this to a PrimeStar LNB (same mechanical interface), IF you had a round PrimeStar dish.
The feedhorn had little steps cast inside it to turn circular to linear - you just leave 'em there for this application.

edit:
Oh, on second thought...
if you have a round Primestar, you've got a long neck to shove a dielectric slab into (experiment with size).

Of course, if you have an elliptical Primestar, you're up the creek. :)

My 1.0m Primestar that's pointed at G17, gets a bunch of circular signals off the Nimiq bird at that location with no mods whatsoever! :eek:
...Always have to scan that bird "FTA Only" or wind up having to delete a hundred scrambled channels every time. :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)