can R10's 2nd tuner signal be sent to other TV's?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ctoddt

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2003
I see where the R10 has dual tuners. Does it have an output so that the 2nd tuner can be sent to other TV's?

i think the only way you can do this is to run a spillter once it come out of the receiver then you can take it any where you want to run a line

It has a second output, but all outputs send the same thing at all times.
The R10 has dual tuners so it can record two programs at once, NOT so you can watch different programs on different TVs.

That's what Dish's 522 is for, but it's DVR functionality is somewhat limited and it is generally buggy. It also is a pain to schedule recordings when not in "Single Mode" (which turns Output 2 into a boat anchor and makes it more analogous to a DirecTiVo.)

H

Thanks for the brief comparison to the 522. I am actually trying to decide between Dish and Direct DVR's. Any more Pros/Cons would be appreciated.

The 522 sucks. It stutters on playback almost from the getgo.
You can actually watch certain features on the receiver slow down if you're recording two things at once, or something with a high bitrate. The "Name Based Recording" is a pale comparison of TiVo's season pass functionality. Oh, rather than be able to record "new episodes", anything made this year is new. Yep, that's right. In December 2005, it will think something created in January 2005 is a new episode.

You'll almost certainly be happier if you buy a R-10 now for your main room, free receivers for your satellite rooms.

DirecTV is working with a company called UCentric to make a "whole house DVR" which will be out in 2006. More stuff scattered across these forums.

I went DirecTV (without DVR) to Cable, with TiVo Series 1, to Dish, to DirecTV with DirecTiVo.

The lattermost is the most full featured, stable thing I've had the pleasure of using. Highly recommended.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts