Can snow coasters be used for Ku band dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rjc3895

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
Ok. It's officially the holiday season, and I was watching the movie "Christmas Vacation" over the weekend. I love the scene where Clark Griswald goes down the sled riding hill on one of those old aluminum snow coasters. I began to wonder if it would be possible to convert one of those into an FTA dish. Any thoughts on this?

:D

Hey that sounds almost doable! Coincidentally I popped that movie in my newly built HTPC last night to try out its DVD playback... but didn't get that far into it (was getting late). That is my all-time favorite Christmas movie, and I love two of the other three 'vacation' movies. :)

Anyways, a good one of those certainly has a focal point as long as its shape has a consistent curve. Maybe even spray it down with the stuff Clark used (you'll have to find your own since of course his was highly experimental), to keep snow from accumulating on it. Who knows, that stuff may even make the sled super-reflective. ;)

I had the same thought. I can't find a metal one tho. I thought about using a plastic one BUT it is too flat on the bottom.

I am trying to use an umbrella BUT still working on it.

Ken

rjc3895 said:
Ok. It's officially the holiday season, and I was watching the movie "Christmas Vacation" over the weekend. I love the scene where Clark Griswald goes down the sled riding hill on one of those old aluminum snow coasters. I began to wonder if it would be possible to convert one of those into an FTA dish. Any thoughts on this?

:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)