Can someone clear this up for me?

jerzstyle00

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
dallas,tx
I would like to install a dish 500+ or 1000+(110/119/118.7) using a dishnetwork Duo 222k reciever. I would like to know which DP switch to use for this DPP set-up.From what I read, a DPP33 does not work with DPP LNB's which I think this set-up is ? But then I was told by others that this set-up needs either a dpp33 or dpp44. Can someone tell me which type of switches are compatible with this set-up?
Also can I use a DP34 or will that not work?

You can use a 34 switch, but you would have to run 2 cables from the switch to the receiver and it will only work for 3 satellites. Use a 44 switch. It supports 4 satellites and will use 1 cable to the receiver using a separator. Install the power inserter in the line behind the receiver and make sure the cable going from receiver to switch is on port 1 output of switch. The power inserter provides power to the switch.

You can use a 34 switch, but you would have to run 2 cables from the switch to the receiver and it will only work for 3 satellites. Use a 44 switch. It supports 4 satellites and will use 1 cable to the receiver using a separator. Install the power inserter in the line behind the receiver and make sure the cable going from receiver to switch is on port 1 output of switch. The power inserter provides power to the switch.

Do DPP33 and DPP44 need a power inserter as well?

Neither the 500+ nor the 1000+ have internal DPP switches. So you can go with a DP34 as well as a DPP33 or the pricey DPP44. Obviously (from the 1st digit) if you get the 1000+, you will need a DPP44 since the 1000+ has 4 DP LNBs (for 110/118/119/129). No power inserter is needed for a DP34 nor for a DPP33. As noted above, each tuner would need it's own cable run from a DP34.

a 44 switch does NOT require a power inverter if used with a vip reciever (ex 222k), i always take them out when i see them because they're an added point of failure. with a 500 plus set up you're not getting high def, you can use a 34 switch but as pointed out you'll have to run 2 lines. remember the 119 goes to port one (2d) and the 118.7 goes to port four or the bottom port.

Actually, the satellite inputs of the 44 switch should be 119, 110, 129, 118 on ports 1,2,3,4 respectively. The 44 switch should have the power inserter even if used with a ViP receiver. If the receiver fails that is on port one (power output of the receiver), the whole system will go down. I have seen very few failures of inserters compared to receivers. I always include the inserter in my installs with the 44 switch.

Neither the 500+ nor the 1000+ have internal DPP switches. So you can go with a DP34 as well as a DPP33 or the pricey DPP44. Obviously (from the 1st digit) if you get the 1000+, you will need a DPP44 since the 1000+ has 4 DP LNBs (for 110/118/119/129). No power inserter is needed for a DP34 nor for a DPP33. As noted above, each tuner would need it's own cable run from a DP34.

Can I combine a sw21 switch near the DP34 inorder to have only 1 cable go to the reciever and use a seperator on the 2 tuners or will that not work?

Last edited:
Can I combine a sw21 switch near the DP34 inorder to have only 1 cable go to the reciever and use a seperator on the 2 tuners or will that not work?

No you can do a 34 switch and two lines to the receiver or use the powered 44 switch and use only one line to the receiver.

Check on Ebay for a good deal on a DPP-44 if you just want one wire coming in. With FTA going bye bye you may find some good deals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)