Can someone confirm this?

ibleedblue

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
Garner, NC
I'm currently hookedup with D*, but, like most everyone else who switches, I'm tired of waiting on D* to get an MPEG4 player and more HD channels. I'm trying to order my E* service online. I want the 622 in my living room to feed the HD TV in there and the SD TV in the bedroom. I also want a basic reciever upstairs for the bonus room. So when I put this information in on E*'s order site, it says "This configuration requires the installation of these receivers-DISH Player-DVR DISH Basic Receiver".

Is the DISH Player-DVR the 622?

Dishbuilder is what led me to the order page. When I look at the pages for the receivers, the 622 is referred to as the ViP622 DVR. I can't find anything that refers to the DISH Player-DVR. Seems like they could make things a little more clear to me.

On their web site it looks like they are calling the 625 a DISH Player-DVR. I would call and make sure they know you want the 622 and not the 625.

For anyone coming across this thread later on, I ordered what I had typed in above and when I got the order confirmation an hour or so later this is what was listed for equipment...'DISH 311 STANDARD RECEIVER Leased VIP622 System'. So I got what I was looking for and the 'DISH Player-DVR' is the 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)