Can someone enlighten me....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

davemich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
SW Lower Michigan
...on the process for local channel conversion to HD and what process or negotiation needs to take place to move a local channel to HD. I live in the South Bend In. DMA and out of 8 channels of locals, only one, NBC channel 16, WNDU, is in HD on 61.5. Why is it the the remaining network affiliates are not in HD? On D*, there are two additional channels in HD, Fox and CBS, WSBT and WSJV. What is the process and is it a $ dispute between E* and the affiliates or what? I know the same thing holds true in other markets as well. Comcast offers all the locals in HD so my guess is that it is a $ issue. Sorry if this has been addressed before. Thanks.

I actually emailed WSBT and WSJV about this back in March.

WSJV was very helpful and even pulled the retrans to see when it expired. They told me that the current retrans is up for renewal around July. This is when I would expect to see the HD addition if it happens.

WSBT was a bit more vague and just said there retrans was up in "the next few months". They also didn't believe me at first when I told them WNDU was already up. They also said WNDU stretches everything, something they stopped when they went up on Direct and Dish. Show how much the monitor the competition.

I doubt we see ABC or CW until after the sale to Schurz WSBT. Weigel (the current owner)and Dish seem to have issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts