Plattsburgh NY Locals, 61.5 spotbeam question

theGrok

Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
USA
Hi,

I am new to the forum and I am amazed by the wealth of information I have found here, so just want to say thanks.

I live in Rouses's Point NY which is 20 miles north of Plattsburgh NY. I have been reading about HD locals and looking at "The List" and I have a few questions.

1) According to "The List" I seem to be covered by spotbeam 2. Is this correct? I ask because looking at Lyngsat it says Spotbeam 6 and EKB says Spotbeam 16. Are these arbitrary numbers, or are some out to date since the spotbeams moved?

2)Plattsburgh/Burlington Locals (which I qualify for) are coming in on transponder 13. I get a better signal on other transponders which surprised me.

VIP 722, ZIP 12979
TP 5 --> SS 78
TP 9 --> SS 71
TP11--> SS 56
TP13 -->SS 41 (Plattsburgh/Burlington)
TP15 -->SS 32 (Spotbeam 3 I gather)

It seems to me that like I would be better served by "moving" to Boston which is on spotbeam 2, TP5, or to Portland, ME TP9, spotbeam2. I wouldn't mind moving to Boston as it is a bigger market.

I am looking for HD locals. My is question is whether I have understood all of this properly. Is there another spotbeam on 61.5 TP5 than Spotbeam 2 that covers me given my location? Or given my signal strenth, Boston is the best
are to "move" to. I don't want to "move" more than once as it is very tiring!

Thanks for any info

First, :welcome to SatGuys. It looks like you have several choices for HD locals. By sorting The List by TP, it looks like you are covered by spotbeams 2 and 3. So, you have your choice of Portland ME, Providence RI, Burlington VT, or Boston MA on spotbeam 2 and NYC on spotbeam 3. Good luck with the "move".:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)