Can someone help me?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

luttecke1

Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
Pardon the crazy thread title, but my wife is crazy over an apartment that doesn't allow satellites. I really need to have satellite TV, in part b/c the cable provider the apartments provide is horrible.

Anyway - does anyone know how, or the possibility of installing a satellite dish indoors. Thanks!

Do you not have a deck or patio at the apartment? If it is a private use area they cannot prevent you from having the satellite dish per federal law.

You can not be denied satellite by any apartment complex per the FCC and one or more rulings, I dont have the links but Im sure someone does here but the question will be wether or not your willing to get into a legal arguement with the apartment complex, the company that manages it and their lawyers over it. The FCC has a simple diagram showing options for installation of a dbs system on a rental / lease property, and you can put a dish inside an apartment facing out a window but the window has to face south / southwest but if your wife is being anal enough about living in this apartment complex then she isnt going to go for a satellite dish sitting in her living room. If it matters to you more than the happiness of your wife then put your foot down and be the man of the apartment and pick a diferent place to move to, otherwise keep her happy and the whole family will be happy.

You could try to pick a different place to move to, which will likely anger the wife, or you could just simply pick a different... er, nevermind, not gonna go there. ;) :D

But anyway, here is a link to the relevant ruling:
FCC Fact Sheet on Placement of Antennas

OTARD = Over The Air Reception Devices

In short, you are allowed to have a satellite dish. But refer to the above for details. And refer the apartment people to that link (though I'm sure they've probably been given that link before).

As long as you have a view from your patio/deck of the bird in the air you should be able to put up a dish, you can get a "flat" piece of sat cable that allows you to close the window/door, the only thing the Apt can keep you from doing is physically altering the building. I did this a few years ago, its not "pretty" with the cables having to run along the baseboards, but it works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)