Can someone here please help me?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sugzze

Original poster
Aug 21, 2004
I have 4DTV, C/Ku and want to purchase a good DVB unit. Could someone please tell me which one would be a good one to have? Would the Pansat 3500 be a good choice? A reply will be greatly appreciated.

I LIKE and use the Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra, its got the lot.

USALS
Blind Scan
AC-3 audio out.

The Pansat 3500, Coolsat 4000 Pro and the Fortec Lifetime Ultra are probably the most popular right now. Check out the review section for more information.

I would lean towards the pansat myself. It has true AC-3 capability, a fast blind scan, and no known "issues".

i have both the 3500s and the lifetime ultra, the pansat blows the fortec away in terms of blind scan speed. in general it seems more stable than the fortec which i've had little nagging issues with since the

sbacchus said:
i have both the 3500s and the lifetime ultra, the pansat blows the fortec away in terms of blind scan speed. in general it seems more stable than the fortec which i've had little nagging issues with since the
since the... since the power went out at your house? :)

Sorry, I'm just happy it's the end of a Monday and I'm going home now. :D

hehe it's the fortec's fault....i meant to say beginning, but i've been having some weird keyboard issues today.

The 3500s is much newer than the Fortec and boasts a bit more "horsepower" to scan more efficiently. :)

I have used a 2500a Clone, a Fortec Star Lifetime, and a FS Lifetime Ultra clone.. based on the software, I like the Fortec Star Lifetime and Lifetime Ultra. the only difference is the Lifetime does not have Blindscan, where the Ultra does.

I have a Fortec Ultra and like it. However my little BEC-1000 would pull in transponders that the Fortec wouldn't. The problem with the BEC is it has no blindscan.

For what it's worth,

Wholeshoe

Status
Please reply by conversation.