Can someone ID this dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

qwerty81

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
On the front I see

on the future and the main middle I see ADV....

Attachments

• IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    257.8 KB · Views: 311
whatzit

Odd one, what kind of dish is it? There was a co called ADM back in the olden days, Antenna Development and Manufacturing INC. , and another called Avantek that made lna's and such, that doesn't ring any bells for me. ADM made bigger dishes, like 16' and bigger I think.
Maybe it was just a knock-off of somebody else's design...

I just got this dish from a sports-bar in town. Its a 7.5 ft dish grey in color. I believe it says Mind on the future.

How 'bout a couple of decent pix of the front, the side, the back, etc?
If it's an OEM , I'm sure someone will be able to identify it for ya.
If there is a motor, take a couple of shots of that, how it mounts, and where it attaches.
Likewise, take a peek under the LNB cover if you can get it off (watch out for bees or wasp nests) and shoot some pix there, too.

Make sure the photos are in focus - don't get too close.

I have to put it together first to give you a picture. Trust me that photo is in focus. :) I should have the dish together by tomorrow.

Interesting......that may be some advertising somebody painted on it. Sev companies made a 7.5 dish....like anole says, picture would tell the story.

That's "Mind on the Future" across the top.
Based on the spacing, I don't think Advent fits... more like 'Advantage' maybe...
They make meters... maybe this was one of theirs??

Ok here it is assembled in the garage.

Attachments

• DSC01484.JPG
    DSC01484.JPG
    982.6 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC01485.JPG
    DSC01485.JPG
    1,019.1 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC01486.JPG
    DSC01486.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 214
Well, FWIW, I have a 10ft that looks exactly like it only it's black.
The other 10ft has a reinforcement ring around it (about a foot or so inside the circumference...)
Hope y'all understand what that means...
qwerty, you may get better answers from the mount - that's probably where the differences will be...

Here is the mount for the dish. The last two pics are for the other sat. dish that I removed. Which is the same size just one less rib per petal.

PS what does FWIW mean?

Attachments

• DSC01487.JPG
    DSC01487.JPG
    933.3 KB · Views: 198
  • DSC01488.JPG
    DSC01488.JPG
    954.4 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC01489.JPG
    DSC01489.JPG
    886.7 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC01490.JPG
    DSC01490.JPG
    820.2 KB · Views: 169
Yes I did to place it on the other mount. Which I thought would hold ether dish. But I was wrong.

Here is the mount for the dish. The last two pics are for the other sat. dish that I removed. Which is the same size just one less rib per petal.

PS what does FWIW mean?

The larger ring is for a Perfect-10 dish right down to the thin mounts that rust away on them, but not that hard to fix if you can bend, shape an weld metal.

now the smaller ring looks like it is for the early Sami models, they used to be grey now all Sami's are black.

OK so it is now confirmed thank you captain!!! I have a Perfect 10 and SAMI 7.5 dish. Now which one is better and will these dish out perform my 6ft Fortec?

Perfect 10 is slightly banged up and reads 1/2 an inch off on two petals.

SAMI is missing two mesh panels and is in round shape.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)