Can Someone Reccomend Me A Good Dvr Fta Reciever That Is Compatible With Globecast

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvwatchingdude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
Can someone please reccomend me a good dvr/pvr fta reciever that is 110% compatible with the globecast system. I really would like to record some stuff.

Also, since globecast has no official epg programming guide, is it possible a fta receiver allows you to create your own?

Can someone please reccomend me a good dvr/pvr fta reciever that is 110% compatible with the globecast system. I really would like to record some stuff.

Also, since globecast has no official epg programming guide, is it possible a fta receiver allows you to create your own?
- If the EPG info isn't in the satellite stream - then you can't do anything about it..

Creating your own... even if it was possible to type something in somewhere in the menu(s) .. - would be kinda not too efficient anyhow....
How do you supposed to know.. what's on?

It's probably more efficient for the person to look for the channels' web site already.. and use their program guides there (if one exists of course to start with) ..

and then even printing it - if really wanted / needed (if say you don't want to go to internet all the time to see what's on....

---
-- as to the first question,

as Ice told you .. - if you are subscribing - you have to use Globecast's receiver...

and they wouldn't authorize others...

But depends what you are watching there at Globecast / 97 west .. to start with ..

almost Any FTA receiver is compatible with the Pure FTA programming.. (including the fancy ones more likely .. such as HD or PVR ones)

And Globecast has lots of FTA programming on their platform anyhow..
(example: many, many FTA Arabic, Iranian channels, etc.. - and quite a few others)

SO you can record those FTA channels programming with a a fancy FTA receiver..
Besides Globecast, there are other broadcasters at, say, 97 west / Galaxy-25 broadcasting FTA channels - so you can record them as well..

But if you are talking about just really wanting to record something from there.. - don't forget the "good ol' VCR(s)" :D

You can STILL record on them! :p (if simply want to record something in a bad way) ;)

succinct

Chevy made a good point.
The Visionsat IV-200 receiver will record to hard disc, anything that's FTA and not a pay channel.
And I bought a DVD recorder last year for $50 (new) that does a fine job of pretending to be a VCR.

Unless .. maybe .. - you are subscribing to Globecast .. and want a DVR (for the reasons stated above)

Then .. maybe .. try contacting Globecast / customer service there, etc.. - and ask them if they offer maybe some type of DVR receiver as well, .. basically, in the addition, to their standard Globecast receiver.

Good luck....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)